IW Studio Heads fired by Activision.

WhenKittensATK

http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/03/02/rum...-by-activision/

It seems they were fired for breach of contract and insubordination (Vince Zampella and Jason West). As to why Activision would fire the money makers, idk. It must have been something serious?

Anyways with their talents I doubt they will be unemployed for long.

Edited by Krazyxazn

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/03/02/rum...-by-activision/

It seems they were fired for breach of contract and insubordination (Vince Zampella and Jason West). As to why Activision would fire the money makers, idk. It must have been something serious?

One word.......

OWNED

Not like they didnt deserve it for the EPIC failure that was MW2.

Edited by CAINuKe

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6252657.html?...adlines;title;1

West's departure was backed up by an unconfirmed screenshot of his Facebook page (sent to gaming blog Kotaku) that lists his status as "Jason West is drinking. Also, no longer employed."

:lol:

As far as them being moneymakers go...well, putting aside the fact that Blizzard's WoW revenue dwarfs anything IW has earned for ActiBlizzard, it's just two men, not the whole studio, and if they truly did breach their contract, Activision is sending a message...no matter how successful you are, you can get the boot.

Where does one of the best selling game of all time fall on the Epic Failure chart? Oh wait that's the wrong chart.

I don't think it's very accurate to say a game is good by basing it on sales, and to get all offended over a stupid game like MW2 because of some silly call of duty pride is... eh, I'm not even going to bother finishing, MW2 is a terrible game, that's all there is to it.

Edited by Deathmineral

When the mass majority play the game. Just because others don't like it. Doesn't meant it wasn't successful for it's targeted audience.

I don't play MW2, but I know they hit the mark with its targeted audience. I am one of the two gamers in my area who don't play MW2. That means other people like it. Just because it isn't your type of game doesn't mean the game is a failure.

When the mass majority play the game. Just because others don't like it. Doesn't meant it wasn't successful for it's targeted audience.

I don't play MW2, but I know they hit the mark with its targeted audience. I am one of the two gamers in my area who don't play MW2. That means other people like it. Just because it isn't your type of game doesn't mean the game is a failure.

I might be wrong but I think what cainuke might have been saying and what I was saying was that as a game, MW2 fails, and sales don't really have anything to do with how well a game tries to push to the next level in it's category or in gaming in general.

http://www.destructoid.com/infinity-ward-i...ds-165521.phtml

These two things are connected. Can't see why they would have to have security guards..

Well... you know, game developers are built like world champion boxers nowadays, can never be too careful, or maybe activision was just trying to find something to spend their billions of dollars on. :D

Edited by Deathmineral

This will likely mean the end of IW (The group not the name, since Activision owns the name :-\). I imagine that alot of the team will leave with their bosses much like they did with Medal of Honor.

This move was really dumb on Activision's part, they are almost doing what EA did. These dev companies are very fragile, over worked and underpaid. The pressure they put on these guys is unbelievable.

Edited by greengiant912

I was saying that IWNet is such a huge failure that I am actually happy they got fired.

I was excited to see MW2 come put but when it did and it didnt have:

Dedicated Servers

Console

Long SinglePlayer

Not to mention $60 for a half-assed game.

The only reason it sold reletively well is because the seemingly never ending supply of IW Fanbois who will

eat whatever Infinity feeds them. <_<

/end of rant/

Edited by CAINuKe

I am a IW fan, and I don't whatever they 'feed' me. I liked MW2, but it wasn't amazing. I defiantly think it got a better reception than what it deserved, but it wasn't a horrible game. It is a game that has grown on me over time, but I still miss a lot of the features I have come to love from a IW release.

I am a IW fan, and I don't whatever they 'feed' me. I liked MW2, but it wasn't amazing. I defiantly think it got a better reception than what it deserved, but it wasn't a horrible game. It is a game that has grown on me over time, but I still miss a lot of the features I have come to love from a IW release.

I think the point CAINuKe is making is that if you weren't a fan of IW/CoD fan, you wouldn't have purchased the game, and the point is a valid one. If a developer tried that kind of crap on a new IP, it would have been a major flop. IW was able to get away with it because of its diehard fanbase.

They're not the only ones to take advantage of this though. Look at Blizzard with SC2. No LAN support...yet that won't have much impact on sales. SC fans are going to buy the game no matter what.

We as consumers let them get away with this. Hell, I'm guilty of it too....whenever Valve releases HL2:E3, I'll be buying it no matter what...even if its a mere 1 hr of gameplay and gets a 30/100 metascore.