The Unofficial Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread

WhenKittensATK

Wow I just picked up a m16 from someone and that gun is seriously overpowered. It burst fire shoots as fast can you can click. They need to delay that burst speed and give the Thompson more stopping power. Thompson seems pretty weak compared to the 1911 (both .45).

Just played the night map, was pretty cool.

EA Master server is down again. Just got booted and can't login.

EDIT: Servers back up

Edited by Krazyxazn

Wow I just picked up a m16 from someone and that gun is seriously overpowered. It burst fire shoots as fast can you can click. They need to delay that burst speed and give the Thompson more stopping power.

The Thompson was invented before 1920, and the M16 almost 40 years later. That's like saying a PC from 40 years ago should have been built with more RAM because it doesn't have enough to run Windows 7.

BTW I can't help but stare at your avatar for minutes at a time.

Edited by tkrow21

Just because a weapon was made years ago doesn't mean it won't kill. It's a freaking .45. The M1911 takes out at least 2 people in one clip. Thompson and M1911 both use .45.

If someone shot you with a musket in a vital area and you didn't get medical aid, you would be done. It doesn't matter how old it is. Bullets are bullets and bullets hurt.

Edited by Krazyxazn

wow i am amazed at how good this game is, its too bad i keep crashing, i BSOD'd twice and i crached out of the game like 4 times now, is anybody else experiencing this?

I am. I get BSOD Error 124. Except it never makes it to the BSOD. PC just freezes and sounds repeats.

I switched to 196.34 Drivers (vid card) and that fixed it for awhile. Then it did it again. So I did a registry clean and so far so good.

Anyways, what are your system specs?

Edited by Krazyxazn

Wow I just picked up a m16 from someone and that gun is seriously overpowered. It burst fire shoots as fast can you can click. They need to delay that burst speed and give the Thompson more stopping power. Thompson seems pretty weak compared to the 1911 (both .45).

Just played the night map, was pretty cool.

EA Master server is down again. Just got booted and can't login.

EDIT: Servers back up

I've heard the M16 is pretty good and I'm within 8000 pts. of unlocking it myself, so I guess I'll find out soon. But it's going to have to be damn good to make me give up the M416, that thing is freakin' sweet. With the Assault Rifle Specialization (increased accuracy, less muzzle rise, etc.) it just plain owns. I imagine the M16 is quite good, though, since it is indeed the last unlock for the Assault rifles, so I guess we'll find out. From the chart in game, though, damage seems a little low although accuracy is pretty sweet. That being said, when going up against someone with it it seems to be pretty deadly. Haven't seen too many folks using the M416, though, and a lot of Assault players seem to still be using the XM8, although honestly I don't know why. The M416 is far superior, as is the M16 in all likelihood.

As far as the Thompson being weak, at distance that is understandable since it is only firing a .45ACP round, which is by NO means a rifle round. However, at short distances it should be fairly devastating. That being said I don't think I'll be experimenting with it anytime soon.

Although there both modern warfare competing FPS games I'd have to say that there both in the league of there own. I know some people who don't like the battlefield series because they say that they don't like the fact the maps are so big and you have to run around to find someone verses COD were you run into someone in about 10 seconds. Same goes with COD some people don't like COD type game play because it's too fast and unrealistic not much room to work with the same maps.

I agree, they are completely different, I only meant to stress the fact that they are competitors in the FPS genre. Like I said, I'm sure most people will play one or the other depending on the style of play they desire, although I'm sure there are plenty who will play both. They are indeed fundamentally different, but that doesn't mean they don't compete with each other. In fact I believe they very much do, they just do it in different ways. Just my thoughts, though.

I am. I get BSOD Error 124. Except it never makes it to the BSOD. PC just freezes and sounds repeats.

I switched to 196.34 Drivers (vid card) and that fixed it for awhile. Then it did it again. So I did a registry clean and so far so good.

Anyways, what are your system specs?

i have an XFX5770, and AMD Phenom II X3 720~3.4GHz, i also had alot of crashes during the beta

I have had the game only crash on me to the desktop when the game ends has happened once so far.

Maybe a good idea to check your overclocks on your system because in the past the battlefield series of PC games has been really sensitive to system stability even if you passed your stress tests.

Edited by fire_storm