The Unofficial Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread

WhenKittensATK

Yea they do have a slow refresh rate, but they can easily find somewhere to hide and reload.

I find this a problem, but it's not game breaking and making someone leave a server just because of it. It is irritating that some players first reaction is to open up with the grenade launcher. I would be chasing someone and then they just turn around and get their instant kill :P.

I've always liked playing infantry, but when games introduce grenade launchers it just ruins the fun experience. I don't mine getting killed by bullets, but when someone doesn't even try to shoot bullets first. It's irritating.

======

Well the leaderboards are based on how many points you earned. No one is going to catch up to them in a short amount of time, unless they were exp farming. Which thankfully has been patched after the PS3 Beta.

I'm going to say this again. You can kill higher ranked played with lowbie guns. It's not the gun nor is it the rank. It's the player that makes a difference in the matchup. Unless one of the players are using a grenade launcher lol. Then again even with the grenade launcher you need to aim close enough to kill anyways. So still the player.

If watch some of my videos. I'm still using the Starter AK and early unlocks. Even at my level. Granted that I do use the higher up sighting attachments. But still same gun. Shoot I only got three guns unlocked for Assault class :P.

Edited by Krazyxazn

...Agreed? Was someone arguing otherwise?

|

Those people who are rank 25+ are probably really good players considering there at that high of a rank and the game has only been out a little more then a week. Weapon's unlocks do add to a players lethality but I think in the end it all comes down to players skill I've seen people with regular weapon's own everyone with there upgraded ones with all the advance unlocks.

I think overall they have done a pretty good job at balancing the weapon's.

The only things I don't like is the whole noob tube problem the assault class has which could probably be corrected if they gave the ammo box to the medic and gave the medic box to the assault class so they can't constantly give themselves ammo which makes it easy for a player just to use the noob tube all the time.

Also the MG36 has no scope dot even when you put a red dot scope upgrade on it still doesn't add a dot so you basically have no way effectively to ame the gun. I don't know if this is part of the game or is just a bug that needs to be fixed.

There's also the problem with the VSS sniper which is fully automatic which makes it impossible to do any long range shooting. They should at least make an option to make the sniper semi automatic because right know it shoots more like a very accurate submachine gun rather than a sniper rifle.

Edited by Jump4h

|

Indeed. Although just because they HAVE put in so much time doesn't necessarily discount them from being good players. Just means they have no life. ;)

Seriously though, Krazy's right, it's not the guns that make the player. They're not THAT much better. Except perhaps the M60. That thing's a beast...

Thanks for replies ...I decided to go with the PC version, but holding back till they get the game a little more stable. If this many people on a small forum are having issues that's too unstable in my opinion.

Is there a coorelation on the BSoD errors to people who bought the retail box version and those who bought the Steam version?

Are there servers more reliable now?

My BSOD issues were due to some driver issue. More of a Windows issue than the game. Reinstalled Windows and fixed it.

If that was the one you were referring to.

The servers are fine. They off every now and then, but only for a few minutes to a few hours. All your stats are saved realtime, I believe. Because during my first game I crashed before the map ended and my stats were updated when I logged in again.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Thing is though, you weren't the only one complaining about BSoD, which is why i was asking about it. Thanks for clearing up your issue though, and glad you got it resolved. :)

I'm not too worried about stats tbh ...well that's not entirely true, I do like how my KD ratio is climbing in MW2 (1.51 atm) ...but that said an accidently reset probably wouldn't worry me anyway because assuming you're still playing you're only getting better so its just an excuse to raise your KD Ratio anyway. :P

I'm more worried about lag/latency in addition to the frequency of the outtages. I heard the lag was atrocious at least for the first couple days but haven't heard anything recently because the people I did know playing it aren't atm. I'm more concerned about the gameplay satisfaction than the leaderboards. I was thinking of buying it this weekend, but in regards to those BSoD issues I was curious if the retail box copy was more stable than the Steam version, or vice versa. I have a coupon for 10% at Best Buy this weekend, but still considering Steam ...especially with EA's track history of fluff code. I'll just leave it at fluff code and pray no one questions it as not to spike yet another off topic conversation that's already happening in 10 other topics.

There shouldn't be any difference from the Steam and Retail version. You're using the same files. As for the lag at launch I can't say I experienced it, since I only started playing regularly last Friday. So far I've experienced no major lag. In the Beta however there was lag, but now there seems to be none.

If you do get, get it where ever it's cheaper. You can always add it to Steam through "add non-steam game"

My issues with the game so far have not been a BSOD. I am playing on my old gaming rig which consists of a C2D/8800GTX setup. Couple of days ago I was playing along on any server I could join randomly. Now, a day and half since, it says "Unable to log in. Please try again". What the....................now that my favorite server that my friends I've played with online for the last 2 years have their sever up and running, this happens. My online connection is great, and it still will not log in.

Look on their Twitter. They post when the servers are going to be down. I think the some of the people who are complaining about connections might have been during a scheduled maintenance (They do it one-three times a week) :P.

There was one today and will be one tomorrow as well. They are adding more hardware to the EA Servers.

Edited by Krazyxazn

By the way, does this happen to you also:

You see two guys, shoot them. You kill them both, but you die yourself. It looks like this:

Jump4h [uMP-45] A

Jump4h[uMP-45]B

B[AK-47]Jump4h

Hit lag? That stuff is really annoying. It happens to me so often..

It's meant to be that way its not lag. You're allowed to double kill in this game. Bullets are still flying. Its not like they magically disappear when someone dies. This game uses actual bullet travel time. They don't magically reach the end of the map like CoD. Almost all the games that I play that let you double kill have the same look.

Just how powerful is the m60? 8 killing spree powerful :D But honestly any LMG + LMG Accuracy = Good.

BF Vet service is getting updated: http://veteran.battlefield.com/

I'll get my M1 back :D

Edited by Krazyxazn