The Unofficial Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread

WhenKittensATK

Very nice round you had there, Krazy. Actually outscored my best round, although I had 42 kills for the same amount of deaths. That being said, I believe you outscored me by a good 2000 points or so. Very nice, indeed.

Edit: What're you using for your screenshots?

Edited by Bizzlenitch

Great. The servers are working maybe 60% now. Only getting kicked every 20 minutes or so. Funny how my playtime according to steam is 8 hours and I am level 3 ^^; yet I've had the ace pin over 10 times already.

What is really weird is that I never got kicked from the beta a single time; it worked like a charm.

The only thing bad about bc2 (if you exclude the AWFUL server /in-game interface/match-making service) the balancing is simply horrific. Sometimes I find myself playing 10vs6 and killing everyone, while sometimes I can't even get past the hill while attacking in Port Valdez. DICE simply failed the launch. Oh well, Assassin's Creed 2 owns so I'll play that until that is fixed.

Oh and btw, it seems like everyone who is a high level (25+) gets all the awesome guns and kills everyone low level with only an AK? Another stupid balancing issue..

Oh and btw, it seems like everyone who is a high level (25+) gets all the awesome guns and kills everyone low level with only an AK? Another stupid balancing issue..

Don't really think it's a balance issue. Many of the unlockable weapons are more powerful (either in damage or rate of fire or both) but isn't that kind of the point in playing the game and unlocking them? And to say someone with the unlocked guns will always own someone with the first gun is ridiculous. I've got all the assault class guns and all but one of the medic LMGs and while the top-tier weapons are better, I find myself getting killed by level 1s and 2s using the starting gun all the time. It's not really about the weapon so much as the player. Do they unlockables add to a player's lethality? Definately. Even more so, at least in my opinion, are the specializations. I think they're quite a bit more deadly than any particular weapon. Just my two cents, though.

You can still kill people with lower rank guns. So its not really a balancing issue. It's more of a player issue. I get killed by ranks way under mine quite a few times. It's not something magical about being a higher rank with a higher rank gun. I've killed players way above me too.

The only starter gun that sucks is the 9A-91 AVTOMAT, but if you take your time in shooting it's just as effective as the other guns.

Just remember in this game that headshots don't always equal instant kill. Each gun has a specific damage depending on its range of target. Then a multiplier for headshots. The farther someone is the less damage each bullet does.

Posted on BF Blog: EA Servers getting added hardware Friday and Saturday.

My new video.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Don't really think it's a balance issue. Many of the unlockable weapons are more powerful (either in damage or rate of fire or both) but isn't that kind of the point in playing the game and unlocking them? And to say someone with the unlocked guns will always own someone with the first gun is ridiculous. I've got all the assault class guns and all but one of the medic LMGs and while the top-tier weapons are better, I find myself getting killed by level 1s and 2s using the starting gun all the time. It's not really about the weapon so much as the player. Do they unlockables add to a player's lethality? Definately. Even more so, at least in my opinion, are the specializations. I think they're quite a bit more deadly than any particular weapon. Just my two cents, though.

They shouldn't make them too powerful; in cod4 all you really need is an AK or MP5 and you can own everyone

Those people who are rank 25+ are probably really good players considering there at that high of a rank and the game has only been out a little more then a week. Weapon's unlocks do add to a players lethality but I think in the end it all comes down to players skill I've seen people with regular weapon's own everyone with there upgraded ones with all the advance unlocks.

I think overall they have done a pretty good job at balancing the weapon's.

The only things I don't like is the whole noob tube problem the assault class has which could probably be corrected if they gave the ammo box to the medic and gave the medic box to the assault class so they can't constantly give themselves ammo which makes it easy for a player just to use the noob tube all the time.

Also the MG36 has no scope dot even when you put a red dot scope upgrade on it still doesn't add a dot so you basically have no way effectively to ame the gun. I don't know if this is part of the game or is just a bug that needs to be fixed.

There's also the problem with the VSS sniper which is fully automatic which makes it impossible to do any long range shooting. They should at least make an option to make the sniper semi automatic because right know it shoots more like a very accurate submachine gun rather than a sniper rifle.

Edited by fire_storm

The only things I don't like is the whole noob tube problem the assault class has which could probably be corrected if they gave the ammo box to the medic and gave the medic box to the assault class so they can't constantly give themselves ammo which makes it easy for a player just to use the noob tube all the time.

Also the MG36 has no scope dot even when you put a red dot scope upgrade on it still doesn't add a dot so you basically have no way effectively to ame the gun. I don't know if this is part of the game or is just a bug that needs to be fixed.

There's also the problem with the VSS sniper which is fully automatic which makes it impossible to do any long range shooting. They should at least make an option to make the sniper semi automatic because right know it shoots more like a very accurate submachine gun rather than a sniper rifle.

Hehe. Agree. Swap the ammo box and medic box. But chances are after these grenade spammer use up their two rounds they will probably die anyways :P.

Not sure about the MG36. The M60 is my highest medic unlock. It's probably the best one so far for Medic that I've played. I see my friend barely break even. Then he unlocks that beast and he is always positive now haha.

As for the VSS is more of a medium range rifle. I use it like a SMG with a red dot or acog 4x. Easy to rake up Sniper points for unlocks (unlocked it yesterday and got the bronze metal the next map :D, only gun I've done that with). Same with the Type 88 and SVU (use them more like a marksman rifle).

Edited by Krazyxazn

Assault picks up grenade rounds VERY slowly from deployed ammo boxes, so I don't really see it as much of a problem. Without the 40mm there would be little incentive to play as assault. Besides, what assault grunt is worth his salt if he doesn't have a few 40mm grenades on him? Personally, I haven't really seen this as much of a problem. As Krazy pointed out, the M60 is pretty darn powerful. I've already racked up two gold stars with it and I haven't had it unlocked for too long, maybe a couple of days.

Switching the kits just wouldn't make too much sense. Medic carrying ammo boxes and assault carrying health kits? Eh... just doesn't seem right. If you're getting killed by ungodly amounts of 40mm... I dunno, flank 'em, maybe?