The Unofficial Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread

WhenKittensATK

@Fogel

Do yourself a favor and get it for the PC. I have little doubt it will be the superior experience. And if you've played Battlefield games before and liked them, just amplify that like a couple of times and you get BC2. I haven't really played Battlefield since BF1942 other than a few matches here and there and I gotta say I'm now hooked again. Although I'm kinda bummed voice chat doesn't work. Doesn't even seem to work within my squad, at least no one responds when I ask if they can here me. I know it's not my mic, cause it works in other games.

Other than that, though, it's about as much fun as I've had with a multiplayer game in a while. A usually play Rush but Conquest is fun (shorter matches) as well. Haven't tried Squad Deathmatch or Squad Rush, but they seem interesting. I want a good squad with me, though (hint, hint OCC).

@Fogel

Do yourself a favor and get it for the PC. I have little doubt it will be the superior experience. And if you've played Battlefield games before and liked them, just amplify that like a couple of times and you get BC2. I haven't really played Battlefield since BF1942 other than a few matches here and there and I gotta say I'm now hooked again. Although I'm kinda bummed voice chat doesn't work. Doesn't even seem to work within my squad, at least no one responds when I ask if they can here me. I know it's not my mic, cause it works in other games.

Other than that, though, it's about as much fun as I've had with a multiplayer game in a while. A usually play Rush but Conquest is fun (shorter matches) as well. Haven't tried Squad Deathmatch or Squad Rush, but they seem interesting. I want a good squad with me, though (hint, hint OCC).

:withstupid:

I'd have to agree unless you can't afford a gaming system or have a butch of friends that will play it on the console I don't see a reason to get it for the console because the PC takes advantage of extra features like advanced graphics 32 players verses console that can only have 24 plus the ability to install custom mods and EA has said that new maps will be free versus the console who will have to pay for them if they don't have there game code.

The only thing I find annoying that is probably not present on the console version is that you have to hold down a key on the keyboard constantly to crouch.

Edited by fire_storm

This is what happens when you develop properly for the PC (dedicated servers).

All the while Infinity Ward is getting pwned by one of their older games and a new competitor.

Your mic might be low. I just used the mic with my friend and two random people.

Hrm, no, my mic's not low. Maybe I just need to play with you and see if it works then. ;)

I've no problems in any other games with voice comms. My trasmit volume is maxed. Oh well, I guess. Shouldn't complain too much, I'm still having a blast. 814/626 KD ratio so far! Oh how I do love digital death! Heh. I kid, I kid. Kinda...

All the while Infinity Ward is getting pwned by one of their older games and a new competitor.

u must be joking right??? BC2 isn't competing with MW2. Competition ended with BC2's dedicated servers (though it's overall better too). BC2 is in a league of it's own. You'd be a fool to compare those 2 games (not that you couldn't, it's simply stupid...like comparing Chuck Norris to a fat handicapped boy with no legs.)

BF Vet server is down :(. Can't use my M1 until it's back up again.

If anyone knows someone with a 9800 GTX (or any Nvidia card) and is suffering from crashes in BC2. I would recommend the 196.34 (beta) drivers. It seemed to fix it for me.

Edited by Krazyxazn

u must be joking right??? BC2 isn't competing with MW2. Competition ended with BC2's dedicated servers (though it's overall better too). BC2 is in a league of it's own. You'd be a fool to compare those 2 games (not that you couldn't, it's simply stupid...like comparing Chuck Norris to a fat handicapped boy with no legs.)

Actually, bro, they are pretty much competing games. You are correct in pointing out the differences but I am willing to bet MOST people will either play one or the other. No, they're not exactly the same but they're both modern military-type FPSs. They're competitors, plain and simple.

But I share your opinion that BC2 is the superior game, at least that much we can agree on. Happy gaming.

Edited by Bizzlenitch

Well, off to work now, but just finished my single best Rush round yet. Almost exclusively on the ground (perhaps a few vehicle kills), 42 Kills/13 Deaths all with the Assault class and my trusty M416/M203. 2802 Assault score, 440 Vehicle score and a whopping 8500 worth of Awards score (including one Gold and one Silver Star) for a total score of 11742. This game rules! OCC players need to get together one night and do some representin' and some a s s kickin'! Peace out.

Actually, bro, they are pretty much competing games. You are correct in pointing out the differences but I am willing to bet MOST people will either play one or the other. No, they're not exactly the same but they're both modern military-type FPSs. They're competitors, plain and simple.

But I share your opinion that BC2 is the superior game, at least that much we can agree on. Happy gaming.

Although there both modern warfare competing FPS games I'd have to say that there both in the league of there own. I know some people who don't like the battlefield series because they say that they don't like the fact the maps are so big and you have to run around to find someone verses COD were you run into someone in about 10 seconds. Same goes with COD some people don't like COD type game play because it's too fast and unrealistic not much room to work with the same maps.

Edited by fire_storm