Wait for Fermi or...??

get the HD5970??

I'm asking this because I'll be getting I7-920 CPU no mater what(well, if the new 6-core arrive when Fermi, at a affordable price, then I will get that), since the higher I7's are to expensive and I'm worried that my CPU(i7-920) will botleneck my GPU(Fermi), what do you guys think???

:withstupid: I agree. Just buy that 5970 that you want to get. Just hopefully when Feri does come out it will be able to compete with the 5970/5800 series. I want to see lower prices so I can buy one.

just got with a 5970 ... just because the fermi will be released supposely in april which im actually here closer to september does not mean there dual core will be released at the same time. So you will be looking at an even later date for something similar to the 5970 in performance... cpu should be fine

Well, the i7 970 will be a Hex-Core, with a locked multiplier on the 32nm fabrication process. Should come in around the price of the current i7 960. If you'd like to wait. 2Q 2010.

And if you want lower prices, you can wait for Fermi, which should release in March.

personally i'd wait for fermi, but really it depends on whether you feel like your current hardware isn't doing the job. a lot of people say "you could wait forever" or words to those effect, and it's true, however the longer you can hold out, the better deal you will get! the 5xxx series will also most likely see a significant price drop after fermi releases.

Well, the i7 970 will be a Hex-Core, with a locked multiplier on the 32nm fabrication process. Should come in around the price of the current i7 960. If you'd like to wait. 2Q 2010.

And if you want lower prices, you can wait for Fermi, which should release in March.

Seriously? where did you see that?