The HAF 922 - Is it good enough?

Hey there.

As I am planning on a new computer build, I came across the following obstacle:

The case. Now, I've read a dozen reviews of a lot of cases, so I would say I have at least a brief idea of the good and bad of each case, as well as the temperature performance of the factory default install.

However, as I intend to fill all the empty fanspots with fans on the case I choose, the temperature benchmarks aren't too accurate.

I've made a simple list for comparing fan capabilities of the cases I have found to be most accurate to my demands:

note: the optionals are thus added to the price, using Noctua P12 and P14 fans

#1: HAF 922.

Cooling:

Front 200mm

Top 200mm

Rear 120mm

Bottom 140mm | optional

Side 2x120mm | optional

Thank you for the input, guys!

So I guess it's a good choice then. I will probably get dust filters for it separately then, although there doesn't seem to be any dust filters for fans larger than 120mm..

According to reviews, though, the front bezel has dust filters, is this incorrect?

Thank you for the input, guys!

So I guess it's a good choice then. I will probably get dust filters for it separately then, although there doesn't seem to be any dust filters for fans larger than 120mm..

According to reviews, though, the front bezel has dust filters, is this incorrect?

There is this wire frame net in the front, doesn't look like it filters much though.

You could probably get that fabric they use for dust filters at a hardware store, something I need to get around to.

There's no filter for the psu at the bottom so there's just dust stacking up inside it.

great for me, i have 20CM fan on the side yet there is still some space left between the side fan and my V8 and my temps go down 3-4C... although you might wanna go with the 932 since your quote says 932 is cheaper :thumbs-up:

p/s: are you sure the price is right? the pricing should be like HAF932>HAF922>Storm Scout

i have the coolermaster haf 922 and its a great case i used to have a 4670 graphics card and it idle at 36 and under load 50 but then i sold it to my brother and he had the antec 1200 case and the 4670 idle was 42 and under load 55 i think wat makes the 922 cooler is because of the 200mm fan at the front because if its size it pushes heaps of air through the case and at 700rpm its very quiet but the 1200 has 3 120mm fans at the front which prob run at 1200~1500rpm and they will be very noisy so if i were u i would go with the 922 or 932 but dont swap the top fan and let it blow in because all youll be doing is pushing all the air inside the case and remember hot air rises so its best to leave the top fan how it is

If you do dicide to put dust filters in the lower portion of the front intake grill is easily removed, a stretched out scotch brite pad or A/C dust filter material will work well.. But if you want to do a little tinkering from the get go Put a few high CFM 120's in the top to cause negative pressure in the case. that should keep the dust to a bare min after a frontal intake dust filter.

well maybe I should mention: the only issue with that is the case is dang near silent from the factory. so It will be noisey if you do as I advised.

Edited by boinker

Had the 922, it is the sickest case ever, but currently I've got the Storm Scout nad really like it over it because of the small things like 4 USB fron ports, convient handle, fan light switch, etc.

Had the 922, it is the sickest case ever, but currently I've got the Storm Scout nad really like it over it because of the small things like 4 USB fron ports, convient handle, fan light switch, etc.

I kept bouncing back and forth between wanting the Storm Scout and the 922 but in the end I have decided to get the 922. If I ever need another case the Storm Scout will be my first choice unless something better comes along.

Edited by Publicnuisance