The "I Just Recently Watched Movies/TV Series" Topic

WhenKittensATK

Yeah I feel the same with the batman's , wouldn't go out of my way to watch them again but they were great nonetheless. I was also sad that there was minimum gadgetry employed by the Q branch in SF other than the gun and SOS transmitter lol

http://www.fairytail.tv/1/ <---- love me (though truthfully I've only watched the first three episodes....I'm guessing it gets alot better?? I just have a lot of other things going on but will make a point to keep going if you say so)

LOL - will check it out when I get home, thanks! :D

As far as Fairy Tail goes I had a hard time getting into it at first as well.  Good thing my friend gave me a DVD package so I could watch more than 3 or so.  It does pick up but it is still a very light hearted show with silly humor.  The characters grow on you.   For example, my favorite character so far is Erza which reminds me of girl I didn't like back when I was a kid ...which is funny because Natsu didn't like Erza as kids either due to her being so mean and demanding.

It would be hard for me to say to anyone they would like any show, especially when I don't know that person outside of the internet, but it follows the Shonen Jump formula:   Friendship => Victory (thru friendship) => Hardwork.  More powerful enemies come which causes the heroes to get stronger.   Pretty basic premise but I find the storylines engaging enough to keep it fresh.  If that link you shared is for free streaming (and knowing you it probably does) than I would at least watch up until their first fight with a Dark Guild.  It is still trying to gain traction at that point, but I figure you will know by then if its worth your time or not.

My other friend loaned me Darker Than Black, so looking forward to starting that one.

Thanks for the breakdown, it reminded me alot of One Piece in both art style and characters...I just don't want to get into another blackhole of a show with endless episodes (even if it's worth it) lol

Thanks for the breakdown, it reminded me alot of One Piece in both art style and characters...I just don't want to get into another blackhole of a show with endless episodes (even if it's worth it) lol

I'm not a fan of One Piece at all.  

If you want something with a set number of episodes check out Full Metal Panic!  That show is horribly underrated here in the States, but very popular in Japan.

Edited by Fogel

I'm not a fan of One Piece at all.  

If you want something with a set number of episodes check out Full Metal Panic!  That show is horribly underrated here in the States, but very popular in Japan.

1P is the same as Fairy Tail, but I don't think it hooks some people into farther in. (where it gets a little more serious)

I'll check it out

1P is the same as Fairy Tail, but I don't think it hooks some people into farther in. (where it gets a little more serious)

I'll check it out

Like I said, all those Shonen Jump series (Naruto, Bleach, 1P, DBZ, Fairy Tail, etc.) all follow a basic premise (Friends, Victory, Hardwork), but outside of that I do not see a connection between 1P and FT at all.  But I can't blame you either since I think all of Cartoon Network's homebrew crap is all the same, follows the same boring trash style and the artwork is unoriginal wannabe southpark poor man's knockoff.

I'll check it out

Like I said, all those Shonen Jump series (Naruto, Bleach, 1P, DBZ, Fairy Tail, etc.) all follow a basic premise (Friends, Victory, Hardwork), but outside of that I do not see a connection between 1P and FT at all.  But I can't blame you either since I think all of Cartoon Network's homebrew crap is all the same, follows the same boring trash style and the artwork is unoriginal wannabe southpark poor man's knockoff.

I guess I meant the Shonen Jump similarity (and the art style) I guess if you don't like the characters then you don't like the characters but it gets really good when they start getting more powerful and the epic battles later on.

(maybe browse some 1P AMVs for the battles anyway so you atleast get an idea)

Here's one that's one of my favorite luffy related AMV:

Silver Linings Playbook - Better than I expected..

Yeah it was much better than I hoped for, Love that movie

I'll check it out

I guess I meant the Shonen Jump similarity (and the art style) I guess if you don't like the characters then you don't like the characters but it gets really good when they start getting more powerful and the epic battles later on.

(maybe browse some 1P AMVs for the battles anyway so you atleast get an idea)

Here's one that's one of my favorite luffy related AMV:

Silver Linings Playbook - Better than I expected..

Yeah it was much better than I hoped for, Love that movie

Just found the steampunk movie that started it all, Brazil (1985). Another movie to add to my collection: The City of Lost Children, Dark City, and Delicatessen.

--------------------------

Those kinds of anime get better and better the longer you stick with them. Yea, the episodes are endless but why end a good thing  :tongue:

Movies

Surrogates- Really liked this, was a more thought provoking IRobot kinda movie (more thriller than shoot em up action)

GI Joe (Rise of Cobra)-Yes it was over the top but I thought it was a lot of fun and the technologies they had were pretty cool. I'd love to have even one of the unattainable technologies present in that movie.

Labyrinth- About half way through but am enjoy it so far!