The "I Just Recently Watched Movies/TV Series" Topic

WhenKittensATK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1ftJQmyv5E

Hell yea! Airs Saturday, April 14, 2012, at 11AM EST.

The Legend of Korra takes place 70 years after the events of Avatar: The Last Airbender and follows the adventures of the Avatar after Aang – a passionate, rebellious, and fearless teenaged girl from the Southern Water Tribe named Korra. With three of the four elements under her belt (Earth, Water, and Fire), Korra seeks to master the final element, Air. Her quest leads her to the epicenter of the modern "Avatar" world, Republic City – a metropolis that is fueled by steampunk technology. It is a virtual melting pot where benders and non-benders from all nations live and thrive. However, Korra discovers that Republic City is plagued by crime as well as a growing anti-bending revolution that threatens to rip it apart. Under the tutelage of Aang’s son, Tenzin, Korra begins her airbending training while dealing with the dangers at large.

I've been watching Babylon 5 for the first time. I love space opera & sci-fi. I grew up with Star Trek, but love almost all Sci-Fi. I just decided to give B5 a try.

I have to say it didn't age as well as some other shows. I think it was the first TV show to use CGI, and boy you can tell. The textures on some of the ship models are pretty low haha. It definitely emits an "early nineties" vibe in a way that Star Trek from the same time doesn't, but its still pretty relevant in my opinion.

All in all, pretty interesting plot points and premises. I'm half way into the second season.

The Recruit. Pretty good movie from 2003.

And Pulp Fiction...honestly I was wondering what the hell I was watching half the time, and found it to be pretty weird without any serious story behind it. Some parts were funny, but mostly just a waste of ~2 hours. My friend tried telling me it had depth, but I didn't see it.