White screen after a while

NuComer

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Run the .exe :)

Thx for the fast reply :P ima let it run it for 5 mins. u think thats enough?

It may be the CRT? Do you have any way to test your computer on an LCD(Or maybe even on a TV?). Maybe it is just the monitor not working correctly with the HD4870?

thx for the suggestion man, but i don't have anything to try it one besides this one, but, is there a way to diagnose if my monitor is the problem?

Quick Update: After 300 seconds i didnt get any issues with occt

Edited by NuComer

Update: guys so i did a GPU-Z logfile while the pc crashes, this is what i got, anybody familiar with this issue? thx

Note: the core clock changes were not issues, i minimized the app a few times to make sure gpu-z recorded everything and it did ti when i was on windows, not while playing.

NuComer_s_GPU_Z_Sensor_Log.txt

Edited by NuComer

Update: guys so i did a GPU-Z logfile while the pc crashes, this is what i got, anybody familiar with this issue? thx

Note: the core clock changes were not issues, i minimized the app a few times to make sure gpu-z recorded everything and it did ti when i was on windows, not while playing.

it doesn't look particularly hot even under load. so what happens if you detune it some ? since it's nonreference per 1st post i presume it's factory overclocked, try dialing it back to reference specs and see what happens...if you're still having problems at reduced clock/memory speeds then it may be time to think about an rma.... B:)

thx for the reply, well, i think it is factory clocked, 750/900 right?.

Anyways, i already tried that, dropped 50 mhz on core and 100 mhz on memory, and still goes the same way -_-"

Well, im out of options, i just wanna ask a couple of things cause i dont really wanna RMA (aprox. 44$USD for me), have anyone had issues like this one and fixed them by installing an aftermarket cooler?, and another thing, is there a software that can show me VRM temps?

Edited by NuComer

Update: i just got a tube of AS ceramique compound, and i applied to my CPU and my GPU (around 30 mins. ago) the cpu temps dropped drastically..i mean....i wouldn't believe my eyes, it went from 51/52 iddle to 49/44, and from 72/80 load to 63/67 :blink: i just did not get it when i saw it. Now on to the GPU, it idles at a lil higher temps 1 or 2C, but for it to load to 80C it takes ages now in Furmark, not 50 seconds like before, so i guess its ok.

But my white screen persists, so yeah, im just posting for the ppl having the same issue and looking for troubleshooting done to the problem.

I have that card crossfired with my Saphire 4870 1g and it runs a good bit hotter then the Saphhire. Its interesting that even though the cards have the same specs CCC actually has a lower limit for the xfx card. It also doesn't O.C near as well as the Saphire and its just a standard cooler not a vapor-x or anything. So it could be some sort of heat issue but if it still is having issues after all the aforementioned ideas it may have just bitten the bullet.