ASUS Xtreme Design contest: stage 2 build

redtigerdragon

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah me too, but modcases and my friend and I will have to represent OCC even more hardcore than any of those guys then.

Im ready to get started! The faster these parts get here, the faster we can get to the modding! This Computer is going to be KICKASS!

So we took the HAF apart yesterday. Unfortunately, like the goofus I am, I forgot the camera. We're getting back together on Saturday, so I'll take some pictures of the aftermath. We're planning on painting some of the bare metal parts, but haven't decided on the color scheme yet. If anyone wants to throw out some ideas, we'll take them. We were thinking blue, but like I said, we aren't sure yet. Still waiting on word from ASUS for the parts, but I'm sure we'll get them soon. Can't wait to play with all the goodies. Keep checking back for more updates! Until then, keep overclocking, my friends.

Hey guys and girls, Danny and I (Jonathan) have started construction... rather destruction of our HAF 932 case. We are still waiting on the sponsored parts from Asus but we figured we'd get started anyway. So, we made a shopping list and got started with some of the basics that we knew that we would need. We picked out the aluminum pieces that will eventually become the track for the removable mobo tray and found a possible handle that we could mount to the top of the case(see design sketch). Check out some pics of the process:

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

Hopefully we will hear word from Asus on the parts and we can really kick it off!

Keep checking back as we will be continually posting about the design process!

Hey guys just got word from ASUS that the parts are shipped. Checked the tracking number and they should be here by tomorrow (Tuesday), I'm getting excited. Stay tuned, as tonight we are going to make an intro video, and hopefully tomorrow we should have parts!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!

edit: thanks Nerm for changing the title!

Edited by redtigerdragon

Hey guys just got word from ASUS that the parts are shipped. Checked the tracking number and they should be here by tomorrow (Tuesday), I'm getting excited. Stay tuned, as tonight we are going to make an intro video, and hopefully tomorrow we should have parts!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!

edit: thanks Nerm for changing the title!

Congratulations, the MB looks to have some great features for optimizing your overclocking. Sadly I just saw this contest. I would have asked to retrofit their gear into the Cosmos 1000 I had already modded.

post-69645-1259035160_thumb.jpg