Antec PSU Calculator

I see time and time again people asking is my PSU going to be enough or not. I found this while downloading the manual for my P183 tonight. It is a great calculator that not only allows you to put in your exact setup, but also allows you to account for overclocking etc.

http://www.antec.outervision.com/PSUEngine

I'm wondering just how accurate this thing is though. It said my current setup only uses 261 watts; it was over 450 on Newegg's calculator.

Only 343 watts for 2x gtx 260's in SLI? I don't know about that...

A GTX260 requires 182W MAXIMUM. So, two of them would need a MAXIMUM of 364W.

A GTX260 requires 182W MAXIMUM. So, two of them would need a MAXIMUM of 364W.

So my Zalman 600 watt would be enough for 260 SLI? I remember my 8800 GTS frying my 400 watt power supply on an old Rosewill case last year (but then again, that was a piece of crap stock ps).

So my Zalman 600 watt would be enough for 260 SLI? I remember my 8800 GTS frying my 400 watt power supply on an old Rosewill case last year (but then again, that was a piece of crap stock ps).

More than enough by about 200 watts. :lol: You didn't pop that other power supply because you were pulling more than 400 watts...you popped it because it was a POS that probably had horribly deficient 12v rails. :)

Even my desktop in my sig barely breaks 500 watts under heavy load. :)

Edited by Waco