VLC 1.0.3

tkrow21

Just letting everyone know that VLC 1.0.3 is out and it fixes the blocky graphics of video in Windows 7 that you would get with previous versions.

SD content looks amazing now! :)

FFDSHOW > klitemegalamep2pcodecpack\

-edit- i use vlc so ty to the poster for informin' me that there is a new version, i wouldn't of checked .

:thumbs-up:

-edit x2- since it wasn't posted,

heres the link if anyone wants to download the new VLC media player

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_so...players/vlc.cfm

Edited by cirro

I've officially given up on VLC. It completely freezes when streaming over the network far too often to be useful at all for a home theater machine. I've since switched to MPC and haven't looked back.

you must be one of those "theres more in it, must be better people".

its un-needed.

FFDSHOW is a DirectShow decoding filter for decompressing several video formats, including DivX, XviD, WMV, MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 movies.

Filter also supports nowadays decoding of virtually all audio formats used in movies, including AC3, DTS, MP3 and Ogg Vorbis, and several subtitle formats.

The codec also features postprocessing capabilities, support for virtually all MPEG-4 video formats, support for various processor enhancements (such as SSE and MMX), etc. FFDSHOW is released as an open source software under GPL license agreement.

To summarize its main idea, the FFDSHOW consumes way less CPU power than original DivX or XviD codecs, even with maximum post-processing. At the same time the post-processing seems to give excellent quality results and allows more configuring than the original DivX codec. It can even automaticly reduce post-processing if your CPU is getting overloaded. The noise filter adds a kind of a rasterising effect to the picture - might be useful in some cases.

i have not had to look for a codec in YEARS, or had to install 15-30 third party codecs in addition to it.

k-lite codec pack = the generations of old and non-used codec collected since napster started sharing video files

Edited by cirro