ASUS ROG Owners/Users Feedback and Insights and Ideas. Your Opinion Co

What do you think of ROG service/support  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of ROG service/support

• I would like to get detailed information about ROG features before purchasing.
    • I want to see video tutorials on how to take advantage of ROG motherbaords.
    • I want to see the ROG team support overclockers.
    • I want to see the ROG team support gamers.
    • I'm new to overclocking but would like to get involved and learn.
    • I would get an ROG product if I knew how to take advantage of all the features offered.
    • I am already technologically inclined, I can figure it out.
    • I don't like ROG products.

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to say hi from ASUS and we hope that you had a chance to check out the Xtreme Design contest currently going on with Overclockersclub.

This post is pretty straight forward. Currently we are working on a number of new exciting projects in the ROG product line and services. We would love to have your feedback.

Some examples of questions or ones you can answer if you like

1. What do you think when you hear ROG (Republic of Gamers)

2. Do you feel, there is a need for support from the ROG team in showing you how to take advantage of all the features offered?

3. Do you consider yourself to have enough knowledge to take full advantage of ROG products without additional support from ROG?

4. What do you do with your ROG product? Overclocking? Games? Multimedia? etc?

5. Are you aware or even care of the following features on ROG boards? If not, would it help if the ROG team went into detail how to take advantage of it and how it could benefit you?

1. Tweak It - via keyboard or via hardware stick on the motherboard

2. Probe It - Multimeter register reading

3. Super ML cap usage

4. SupremeFX sound with X-FI software support

5. Bios Flashback

6. Swappable bios chips

7. CPU Level Up in the bios

8. Voltiminder LED

9. External LCD Poster

10. Onboard switches

11. EL I/O (illuminated I/O Plate)

12. Q-Connector

13. Water block support

14. MemOK!

15. Memperfect

16. Q-LED

17. ROG Connect

18. GameFirst Packet Priority Software

19. Speeding HDD

20. Q-Dimm

21. Q-Slot

and lastly, if you want to leave any general feedback or things you would like to see in upcoming products, that would be great.

Thanks guys for any feedback provided.

Edited by xtremedesign

I got a rampage ii gene and I want to have the option to see the multipliers and not the resulting frequencies or with the frequencies out to the side of the multipliers.

So instead of this:gene.gif do this examplew.gif

Also get rid of the modular NB heatsinks its easy enough to put a waterblock on it without that and the stock NB heatsink sucks way to much on the gene its unacceptable.

1. When I hear "Republic of Gamers" I assume it is a crappy product because anything marketed to gamers tends to suck. I know they don't suck but that is poor marketing, a better name would be something classy and original like "Rampage on Gamers" or "Rip Out Guts"

2. no

3. yes

4. make fun of its crappy marketing when my friends read that stupid logo on it that says "republic of gamers" so that I dont become the butt of their jokes. surf the internet, play games, overclock.

5. yes; no.

2. probe it cpu temps are too low.

13. "Water block support" that may be true but for the majority of users y'all are crippling the NB cooling capabilities.

Also the clear cmos button on the back of the board is distracting when trying to sleep because the green light is sooo bright.

Edited by xchrissypoox

Information is power!

The Q connector had to be one of the best things you guys came out with. With Sasquatch sized hands it make hooking up the front panel connectors much easier. For the Probe it feature a means of retaining the probe in position like the way MSI Implemented it on their P55-GD65. The measure points are great but if you want to watch whats going on it is a totally hands on deal. It would be nice to put the multimeter probes in and step back to watch multiple meters.

I'll probably repeat what others have said but here's what I'd like to see:

1. Better air cooling on the Northbridge and Southbridge.

2. Better spacing of PCI-E slots. Difficult with today's cases but I'd still like to see it.

3. Better bundle with the board. Mine came with 3DMark 06 which is a bit dated. Vantage would be better.

4. A free game. Something that let's me see the power of the ROG brand.

5. Mounting for the LCD Poster.

6. Something extra that seperates the ROG brand. A sticker doesn't do it. Maybe some online extra content.

7. Show me why a ROG board is a better choice. I need substance. How is a ROG board better than an non-ROG board?

This is the 2nd ROG board I've owned(P5E>Rampage II GENE) and I've been impressed with the improvements. I hope they keep coming.

1. Better air cooling on the Northbridge and Southbridge.

3. Better bundle with the board. Mine came with 3DMark 06 which is a bit dated. Vantage would be better.

4. A free game. Something that let's me see the power of the ROG brand.

6. Something extra that seperates the ROG brand. A sticker doesn't do it. Maybe some online extra content.

7. Show me why a ROG board is a better choice. I need substance. How is a ROG board better than an non-ROG board?

Yeah give us 3dmarkvantage. And stickers suck give us something cool like a free game and don't do like nvidia and give crap games (terminator salvation <_< ), or stick a lucid chip on it and dont give in to pressure. 1/4" audio jacks would be cool, but thats a dream. More fan headers, there's already a good number, but you can never have enough. It'd be cool if there were versions that come with discounted oem windows 7 (like the <$40 version dell gets). But seriously my number 1 issue is the awful NB heatsink. USB 3.0

Edited by xchrissypoox

I'm still using one of your Original ROG boards, and absolutely love it. The Rampage Formula X48

A-Thats not real high on my priorities, being a Asus Brand means more.

2. Do you feel, there is a need for support from the ROG team in showing you how to take advantage of all the features offered?

A-I think these boards are for true OC'ers, and Gamers, and I would think they are more than smart enough to navigate through all of the nice features on the ROG boards, so short answer...No need.

3. Do you consider yourself to have enough knowledge to take full advantage of ROG products without additional support from ROG?

A-Yes.

A-All of the above, heavy into overclocking and gaming.

5. Are you aware or even care of the following features on ROG boards? If not, would it help if the ROG team went into detail how to take advantage of it and how it could benefit you?

A-I am, but some may not be, and some additional details might be helpful for the novice.

1. Tweak It - via keyboard or via hardware stick on the motherboard

....I prefer to tweak in bios manually

2. Probe It - Multimeter register reading

....I found it to be somewhat inaccurate, and don't use it.

3. Super ML cap usage

....Nice!

4. SupremeFX sound with X-FI software support

....Never used it, as I have my own, & very nice sound card.

5. Bios Flashback

....Nice!

6. Swappable bios chips

....Excellent feature! I hate permanent bios chips!

7. CPU Level Up in the bios

....Useless to me, but maybe nice for some. I go for clocks unattainable with that feature.

8. Voltiminder LED

....Good feature, but again useless to me, as I adjust most all settings manually.

9. External LCD Poster

....Just a novelty to me, not needed.

10. Onboard switches

....Very Nice, love the external reset! Great job! If the light is to bright, stick a piece of black electrical tape over it!

11. EL I/O (illuminated I/O Plate)

....Nice.

12. Q-Connector

....Excellent feature! Make it easy for people as myself with big hands! A+

13. Water block support

....I'm air cooled, so I have no comment on this.

14. MemOK!

....Again, nice feature.

15. Memperfect

....Not used.

16. Q-LED

....Good feature.

17. ROG Connect

....I don't use this, so no comment.

18. GameFirst Packet Priority Software

....Same as above, no comment.

19. Speeding HDD

....Nice.

20. Q-Dimm

.....No comment.

21. Q-Slot

....No comment.

and lastly, if you want to leave any general feedback or things you would like to see in upcoming products, that would be great.

It would be nice if there was more flexibility in the voltage settings, when you get to the high end of the options! IE: cpu vcore, above 1.6v it jumps by .05v, and it would be nice to see steppings of .005v

In general, they are very solid boards, and will continue to use them as long as the quality stays top notch, as they are.

Inteller

i really don't have anything in the way of negative experiences to comment on with regard to ROG products. i use and love my rampage formula folding rig daily for both gaming and routine applications/schoolwork/folding, etc. asus has been good to me and the only services that i've needed so far have been driver and bios updates, easily obtainable from asustek.com. i would recommend ROG products to anyone looking for a high end gaming/overclocking experience.

if there were one thing that i'd like to see improvement on it would be improved overclocking, bleeding edge capabilities (i'd like to hit 5ghz someday) with more frequent bios updates and improvements. asus remains one of my first choices when it comes to innovation and advancement in the pc gaming and hobby computing field.

power and simplicity are where it's at....

thanx asus for taking the time to come check us out...!!

cjloki

B:)

Well, I have a Crosshair III that I would like to use ROG connect on but it seems that Intel gets all the love on things of that nature. :blink: I know the Rampage III and the Gene have those features and being of the same ROG line it should support that too. Not a biggie, the Crosshair III is a bad mutha as it is, just something I would really like to see on the AMD side of the ROG line.

or stick a lucid chip on it and dont give in to pressure.

lololol +1!!!

Well, I have a Crosshair III that I would like to use ROG connect on but it seems that Intel gets all the love on things of that nature. :blink: I know the Rampage III and the Gene have those features and being of the same ROG line it should support that too. Not a biggie, the Crosshair III is a bad mutha as it is, just something I would really like to see on the AMD side of the ROG line.

Yeah I also feel somewhat let down sometimes. All the innovation is being done on Intel motherboards. I know that in general, AMD motherboards are at a lower price point which don't allow much innovation and features, but I think there is also room for more expensive boards.

I also agree on the bundle. A game would be awesome. We often see it done with videocards, but why not do it with motherboards? It's part of the Republic of GAMERS, after all...

Lastly, for products such as the ENGTX260 Matrix, it would be great to be able to control the fan speeds, voltages and other settings with non-ASUS applications. I've had many ASUS graphics cards and I often was obligated to use iTracker or Smart Doctor. It's not that these are not great, but you know, when you are accustomed to use a certain tool which works on the big majority of cards, be it RivaTuner, EVGA Precision or whatever, it is somewhat dull to be obligated to change application when the other one was getting the job done nicely.

So these are my recommendations. Keep up the good work guys :) I like your products.

- High quality product?

- Not really needed.

- Yup, and what I don't know I can find it online easily enough.

-Overclock, game

5. Features wise I'm very happy with my board.

Things I'd like to see

- Asus sound card instead of the creative card that was bundled? (Asus already has awesome sound cards, so why give us something from creative?)

- Better spacing for the PCI slots?

- Better colour scheme? (I know its different for everyone, but sth simple like the black EVGA X58 SLI LE would be sweet :lol: )

- Republic of Gamers.... so bundled games?

ROG ........ Rippin' Off Gamers???????????? Nah! Doesn't ring right.

I have the Crosshair v1.0.

It's not a bad board, but my T/T toughpower was an expensive waste.

Why?

Apparently many ASUS boards don't like T/T. Bloody tell us in future!

The reason I bought the Crosshair was I had a really rotten crappy argh board from ASUS.

I figured I couldn't be unlucky the second time around.

I was mostly right. No BSOD's for two whole years.

The Crosshair cost me about 550 Australian dollars. Throw in a $250 dollar PSU I couldn't use and I was crying ....

Get the picture?

NVIDIA Forums sent me to the ASUSTek Forums and I almost had a heart attack.

Crosshairs are giving a lot of grief.

I was after a Phenom X4 9950 to slip into it. The AM2+ BIOS (1207) flashed nicely, but reading all the trouble with Crosshairs made me stop!

No games. Just keep the prices down a bit. PPPLLLEEAAASSSEEE!!!

I always turn my rig off to sleep. No light problems.

I always turn my rig off to leave the house. No fire problems.

(Fire problems you ask? UPS boxes sometimes issue funny things ......... like smoke and fire and stink)

See ya ............

Edited by Cespenar