how about WCG

damian

Would you crunch for OCC?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you crunch for OCC?

• Yes
    • No
    • depends (explain)

Seeing as how WCG is almost as popular as Folding at Home, and certainly not as big of a PITA to work with, I was wondering how many of you would actually consider crunching if OCC were to start a team?

WCG and their mission.

EDIT: BTW...I would :P

Edited by damian

i think i would too but it would either be that or FAH, and i have everything just nicely set up now in NotFreds VM's - zero Maintance except for the wee change i had to do for the fix on dual core systems on the 2.10 A2 core

im all for it..

F@H is very clumsy

exactly why i prefer WCG, and the cause is just as important as FAH :) In fact a few months ago i got an email congratulating me (while it may be automated its was done for a reason)on my work on a project that really did help further knowledge in research. I'd paste the email but i dont have it anymore

Edited by damian

What type of applications are there for this?

GPU?

SMP?

No SMP, it runs a work unit for each core found. There is gpu grid that can be run with gpus in boinc along side the cpus. Everything runs in one application, BOINC...

Edit:

Never mind, I figured it out.

I just have to figure it out now...

does that make any sense to anyone else?
:lol:

I figured out what to do to get my GPUs working, I just needed to figure out what to do to get my GPUs working...