Adventures with LN2

The Smith

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those clocks on the GPU are right.

Yeah we were not ready at all to overclock that TWKR, if we prepared the rig the day before like we did with the first one, we could have tweaked the RAM beforehand. I did not really mess with it during the overclocking. And I didn't think of looking at my article on the TWKR to see what settings I used before... :(

Yeah BTW the IMC was up at 1.8V. :ph34r: As much as the RAM! :lol: But actually it helped a lot, compared to the CPU cores where around 1.725V the benefit of going higher vanishes.

Edited by The Smith

I will be putting my TWKR under the cascade soon to see what it can do also. May have to go LN2 I am not sure yet how cold it needs to be... :unsure:

Yes, some competition would be great :) I'm the only one running extreme cooling in the AM2+/AM3 competition thread by now... :(

Edit: BTW the MA790FXT-UD5P still works fine after that long thawing and drying period :)

Edited by The Smith

Yes, some competition would be great :) I'm the only one running extreme cooling in the AM2+/AM3 competition thread by now... :(

Edit: BTW the MA790FXT-UD5P still works fine after that long thawing and drying period :)

Great work Guys very impressive clocks

Can we expect to see a chip like this to the general public anytime soon because i read that a chip like that auctioned for 11,600$ USD and while it clocked extremely high.. a i7 setups still cheaper hahahahaha

Can we expect to see a chip like this to the general public anytime soon because i read that a chip like that auctioned for 11,600$ USD and while it clocked extremely high.. a i7 setups still cheaper hahahahaha

No man. The TWKRs will never be publicly available. They made only 100 of them. You can give it a try with a Phenom II 955/965 though, you might be able to reach the same clocks. In fact, on HWBot, the there is a 955 that clocked higher than any of the TWKRs.

http://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/phenom...all%20of%20fame

http://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/phenom...all%20of%20fame

Edit: In the Overclocking World Record Database, there was a 955 that reached the 7GHz mark I believe. I'm trying to find the link, but somehow I can't get on their website...

Edited by The Smith

• 3 weeks later...