Best Settings?

insan3

so i just got my 4870x2 and i want to have the best setting possible. some1 help me. also i still have my 4350, what should i do with it ?

Uh, no. You'll crash the card rather quickly doing that.

IMHO it's not worth overclocking a card that runs so hot at stock. You'll see load temps around 100 C at stock speeds. I've never screwed around with overclocking mine.

Edited by Waco

Uh, no. You'll crash the card rather quickly doing that.

IMHO it's not worth overclocking a card that runs so hot at stock. You'll see load temps around 100 C at stock speeds. I've never screwed around with overclocking mine.

:withstupid:

I can't get anywhere overclocking mine either, probably due to heat but the performance of this card is just so awesome as it is.

so i just got my 4870x2 and i want to have the best setting possible. some1 help me. also i still have my 4350, what should i do with it ?

Every card is different... You really need to do some reading before you even think about touching those sliders. Research overclocking until you understand it a bit better.

With my 4870 I found that the minimal performance gain was not at all worth the hassles of overclocking and monitoring temps even though I enjoyed doing it. I have had other cards that easily gave a nice little gain and still stayed nice and cool but that doesn't seem to be the case with my 4870.

Every card is different... You really need to do some reading before you even think about touching those sliders. Research overclocking until you understand it a bit better.

With my 4870 I found that the minimal performance gain was not at all worth the hassles of overclocking and monitoring temps even though I enjoyed doing it. I have had other cards that easily gave a nice little gain and still stayed nice and cool but that doesn't seem to be the case with my 4870.

On the other hand, overclocking my HD4850 had a small impact on temperatures but allowed Assassin's Creed and Crysis to be playable.

On the other hand, overclocking my HD4850 had a small impact on temperatures but allowed Assassin's Creed and Crysis to be playable.

On the other other hand, we need to fire some programmers at Crytek :rolleyes: