Dragon Age: Origins

InCrYsIs

84 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be playing Dragon Age Origins?

• Yes
    • No
    • RPG's Suck

I've noticed they do that, they aren't wearing much of anything and the camera always pans to not show their hind quarters. :P

I got the Helm of Honnleath, Cord of Shattered Dreams and some other item I can't remember. The helm boosts all attributes by 2 and armor by 3.. though its only grey iron I think so, but it might be steel. The cord is a belt that is only for mages and boosts willpower by 3 and mental resistance by 10. Its pretty decent stuff, but I think if you got a reward from Kitty you got a staff of some kind.. least thats what I heard. The helm is nice though, I believe its one of the viking designs with the horns. I just can't remember if its grey iron, steel or red steel.

Got the helm...will have to see if I have the belt.

EDIT:

Got the belt too. Guess I didn't miss anything by killing her/it. shrug

So you've got to have a rogue to open all these chests lying around...

-_-

I'm a damage-dealing mage, so I bring along a Rogue (who now has full lockpicking capabilities), a Warrior and a healer.

Raises some good point, so far in this game I've uttered "Just like LOTR" about 15 times...

Well, considering Dungeons and Dragons had some roots from the Lord of the Rings novels.. and that Dragon Age is based on D&D, its pretty valid. Nearly every fantasy game/book/movie has roots from Lord of the Rings, you can't really escape it because its a classic and its a huge series that everyone knows. At least DAO tries to go away from the basic principles of elves, humans and dwarves.

@Clay,

yeah, I guess it doesn't matter if you killed or saved the girl. I'm trying to be a good guy on this playthrough so I would have felt bad if I slaughtered a little girl. And well, her name is one letter off from my girlfriend's. :P

Edited by bp9801

Well, considering Dungeons and Dragons had some roots from the Lord of the Rings novels.. and that Dragon Age is based on D&D, its pretty valid. Nearly every fantasy game/book/movie has roots from Lord of the Rings, you can't really escape it because its a classic and its a huge series that everyone knows. At least DAO tries to go away from the basic principles of elves, humans and dwarves.

@Clay,

yeah, I guess it doesn't matter if you killed or saved the girl. I'm trying to be a good guy on this playthrough so I would have felt bad if I slaughtered a little girl. And well, her name is one letter off from my girlfriend's. :P

Well it's not like I WANTED to kill the girl...but I guess whatever I said to the demon, it decided to possess the girl and attack me, so I had no choice :lol:

Well it's not like I WANTED to kill the girl...but I guess whatever I said to the demon, it decided to possess the girl and attack me, so I had no choice :lol:

:lol:

Good point, I think I made a deal with the cat that she could not possess the girl if I freed her. Then once I completed the fire puzzle, whatever I said made the little girl run away and I faced the sexy/weird demon. I just thought you were a heartless monster who kills little girls LOL

Edited by bp9801

:lol:

Good point, I think I made a deal with the cat that she could not possess the girl if I freed her. Then once I completed the fire puzzle, whatever I said made the little girl run away and I faced the sexy/weird demon. I just thought you were a heartless monster who kills little girls LOL

Ah, that explains why I didn't have the fire puzzle. After I defeated the demon, the fire was gone and I couldn't do anything with it. I guess you found the nice way of handling the situation and still killing the demon. Owell :lol:

BTW, in case you guys wanted to unlock specializations via books for free:

Once you unlock a specialization, it's unlocked for your account, meaning across all playthroughs. As such, you can quick save (F5) before clicking on the vendor, then drag the specialization book to your inventory and close the screen. You'll get the message saying the specialization is unlocked. Then just quick load (F9) and you have your gold back and the specialization is still unlocked :D.

Ah, that explains why I didn't have the fire puzzle. After I defeated the demon, the fire was gone and I couldn't do anything with it. I guess you found the nice way of handling the situation and still killing the demon. Owell :lol:

BTW, in case you guys wanted to unlock specializations via books for free:

Once you unlock a specialization, it's unlocked for your account, meaning across all playthroughs. As such, you can quick save (F5) before clicking on the vendor, then drag the specialization book to your inventory and close the screen. You'll get the message saying the specialization is unlocked. Then just quick load (F9) and you have your gold back and the specialization is still unlocked :D.

lol yep, I tried to be civil about it and not murder everything I see. I nearly wished I had let the demon take over the girl because that fire puzzle really started to piss me off. I had to reload once during it because I messed it up beyond repair, but I got it done finally. Only took 10 minutes. :lol:

Didn't know that about the specializations, but I haven't bought any books for them yet. :P I will once I hit level 14 maybe, but for now I'm good. I have 2 of them unlocked for my warrior already, plus one or two for mage and I got the duelist unlocked for rogues from the lady in the Pearl in Denerim.

Ugh...

My party can't even kill a Revenant...

:(

Revenants are super tough due to high resists and their pull spell, especially if there are other skelies around, and especially if you fight them when you're low level. Try to use the environment to your advantage, so if there is a pillar, try to hide behind it if you can, so that way, when he casts the pull spell, you just crash into the pillar and are not pulled to him. Wipe out all the peons before focusing on him. Then, when you're up to him, if he comes off your tank to attack one of your mages or weaker characters, take control and just run in circles while the other characters continue to attack. If you heal (or get healed) with the character you're controlling, every now and then you can stop and use a spell, then run again.

And if you know a revenant is coming, like with the

tombstones in the Brecillian Forest

, do yourself a favor and F5 beforehand ;)

Yeah, I couldn't kill the one in the castle but I'm a buffoon and after like the 8th try I saw that I could open the gate and let the knights in...

-_-

ahh, you're at Redcliffe? Funny, I just completed that. Guess you're going in a different order than I did. heh. I actually didn't let the knights in, nor did I take them into the castle with me because I wanted all the XP. :lol:. But again, I was higher level at the time...plus, IIRC, the revenant was alone, so it was easier than the Brecillian forest ones.