Anyone Else Own Guns Here?

MystoGators

What I currently own:

Repro Sharps New Model 1859 Berdan spec with double set triggers. It's my Civil War reenacting gun and I'm itching to take it to a range and shoot something besides blanks.

What I've had and sold for various reasons, sob...

Colt .45 1911 w/ nickle finish

Ruger 10/22 with big butt magazines that got banned in Cali.

S/W 686 .357 magnum 6" bbl

Custom built AR-15.

Galil 7.62 NATO. I would have kept this gun until it was taken from me but it was expensive to feed and I could not reload the cases as the ejector wrecked them. It was awesome looking with the folding stock and all black.

Family heirlooms still around:

Remington .380 auto. It's friggin' old

1896 Krag .30-40 Rifle w/ bayonet

I reloaded for all the above except for the Galil and the 10/22 (duh).

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1896 Krag .30-40 Rifle w/ bayonet

GUH! :O

Keep it secret, keep it safe! So much history to that gun, and such a beautiful design. Just an elegant, beautiful piece of Norwegian engineering. I have an 1898 Krag that's been in the family for some time. Unfortunately my uncle took it many years ago and, like an idiot, had it circumcised, so the bayonet lug was needlessly removed along with the rest of the stock forward of the second band. It still looks good, and makes the rifle lighter and easier to wield for hunting and firing in general, but I want the whole thing for historical reasons. The rifle is in almost perfect condition. The receiver has no rust at all, and it still shoots great. I've been looking for another Krag, but the prices on good ones are just going up, up, up, and I haven't convinced myself to lay down the money for another one just yet.

But by far my favorite bolt action rifle, and rare to boot. I've yet to use another bolt action that was as smooth and easy to operate as that of my 110 year old Krag.

Edited by LoArmistead

Ruger 10/22 with big butt magazines that got banned in Cali.

What's the name of the mag? I've got a pair of 30 round ram-lines (aka jam-line) that won't feed worth anything and looking for something better lol

GUH! :O

Keep it secret, keep it safe! So much history to that gun, and such a beautiful design. Just an elegant, beautiful piece of Norwegian engineering. I have an 1898 Krag that's been in the family for some time. Unfortunately my uncle took it many years ago and, like an idiot, had it circumcised, so the bayonet lug was needlessly removed along with the rest of the stock forward of the second band. It still looks good, and makes the rifle lighter and easier to wield for hunting and firing in general, but I want the whole thing for historical reasons. The rifle is in almost perfect condition. The receiver has no rust at all, and it still shoots great. I've been looking for another Krag, but the prices on good ones are just going up, up, up, and I haven't convinced myself to lay down the money for another one just yet.

But by far my favorite bolt action rifle, and rare to boot. I've yet to use another bolt action that was as smooth and easy to operate as that of my 110 year old Krag.

It is a very nice gun to shoot. You can't really crank up the loads for more velocity due to the bolt design but who cares. My favorite handload round to shoot was the "plinkers." Theres were low weight bullets with a lead tip and a copper base.

What's the name of the mag? I've got a pair of 30 round ram-lines (aka jam-line) that won't feed worth anything and looking for something better lol

I wish I could remember. I got it at a local gunshop and don't think it had any jamming problems. It might be up in my attic somewhere.

W3QIP.jpg

Finally had a nice day off to get a decent picture of my small collection. The bazooka is deactivated but I still think its cool as hell.

are those baby guns :P

Are you sure you want to insult a man who owns a bazooka?

Very nice collection.

no no no . you got the wrong idea , i did not mean to insult him ;)

just kidding :P

but why bazooka ,..?

the other guns are useful in hunting and kidnapping , ..