Anyone Else Own Guns Here?

MystoGators

No guns out in the open here in the uk, its so strange that its almost like a norm for you guys though! if anyone here even had one in its case - in the boot of their car, they'd most certainly be arrested! <_< Not a big fan of guns anyway, i prefer beautifully crafted Katana's, intricately designed tanto's, which are still perfectly balanced and the odd interesting stuff like bladed full finger rings, i have a full set of these: http://media.photobucket.com/image/bladed%...aver_sm_540.jpg

and this: http://www.gungfu.com/htm-weapons/japanese...ragons-fury.htm

Much more fun my way then just pulling a trigger and it being all over in an instant no? :lol:

:withstupid: Gun's run out of ammo eventually :P

(here's what style my new sword is, for anyone who doesn't know what a shirasaya is) Mine will be shorter since it won't be a katana, it'll be a wakizashi (middle length)

Paul_Chen_Shirasaya_M.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No guns out in the open here in the uk, its so strange that its almost like a norm for you guys though! if anyone here even had one in its case - in the boot of their car, they'd most certainly be arrested!

That blows dude, I have a pistol in the center console of my truck right now. It works good for dispatching wounded animals on the side of the road. Guns have always been seen by me as more of a tool than a weapon with all the hunting I do.

Edited by gabrieltessin

(here's what style my new sword is, for anyone who doesn't know what a shirasaya is) Mine will be shorter since it won't be a katana, it'll be a wakizashi (middle length)

It only takes one bullet. That's what I love about my Saiga 12g. 12 rounds and I've got 5 clips. If by some miracle I were to miss, who in their right mind would stick around waiting for me to change clips? There's also a drum that holds 20 rounds but I think it would be a little on the heavy side and very impractical.

I use a 410 for most of my needs. I live in the middle of nowhere and the police are at a minimum 20 minutes away so that's why I own the Saiga 12g. Plus I just drooled all over when I first saw it and just had to have it. I've had vandals, theives of all sorts, and wildlife problems of every type imaginable. I grew up and thought raccoons were cute. Not anymore. It's amazing how clever they are, how much dexterity they posess, and how bold they can be. I was trapping and relocating the raccoons but after the 12th one it became obvious that wasn't going to solve the problem. I've removed over 20 this year alone. Get rid of one group and a couple of weeks later a new group moves in. I don't enjoy shooting them and have looked for other means. Called an exterminator and he told me he couldn't help and there was little I could do. Leaves very little alternative.

The problem starts with field mice. Their teeth are constantly growing so they need to chew. On the weekends I may have my truck parked for 3 days without going anywhere. Mice will move in under the hood and start chewing the wiring. I can't have that so I got 2 cats. Problem solved until the racoons moved in. They steal the cat's food, terrorize them, and if they have kittens they eat them. Can't let rocky the racoon screw up my little ecosystem so I tried trapping them. Once I looked into their behavior I came to the conclusion that a more permanent solution was in order. I've also run into some very diseased and even one rabid racoon. I generally leave the wildlife alone but the racoons won't leave me alone. The 410 shotgun is just so accurate and kills with one shot quickly without a huge mess.

It only takes one bullet. That's what I love about my Saiga 12g. 12 rounds and I've got 5 clips. If by some miracle I were to miss, who in their right mind would stick around waiting for me to change clips? There's also a drum that holds 20 rounds but I think it would be a little on the heavy side and very impractical.

I'm talking about mainly close quarters combat (though admittedly shotguns are my favorite, if/when I get a gun it's going to be a 10 gauge shotgun). Wouldn't mind a decent/reliable bolt action rifle either! but if i had to choose one it'd be the shotgun

If I were ever be able to have an automatic/carbine, it'd be hands down the m4a1 :wub:

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I'm talking about mainly close quarters combat (though admittedly shotguns are my favorite, if/when I get a gun it's going to be a 10 gauge shotgun). Wouldn't mind a decent/reliable bolt action rifle either! but if i had to choose one it'd be the shotgun

If I were ever be able to have an automatic/carbine, it'd be hands down the m4a1 :wub:

I keep the Saiga 12g for big problems. I have a 12g Remington pump with a pistol grip close at hand. If anyone breaks in and hears that distinctive pump chambering a round then they probably are either crazy or have bad intentions.

I myself don't think I'm too quick to pull a gun out. If some kids came along and knocked my mailbox down with a baseball bat, I'd shrug it off and put up a new mailbox. It's happened before and I'm sure it will happen again. No big deal I was a kid once(though I never hit a mailbox). I've twice caught people siphoning gas from my vehicles. I brought a gun to those meeting but didn't point it directly at them. Just seeing it there and hearing a round chambered is all that's needed. I wouldn't be real confident with a sword. I'm not little either. I stand 6'1" and am about 260 pounds. I've lifted weights since about 11 years old. People with weapons and bad intentions don't care about that. A nice large shotgun gives them pause. Of course if I had the dog in my avatar I could sell most of my guns and just let him loose on anyone.

I'm also a big believer in the 2nd Amendment and it's intentions. I don't carry one around as I find that intimidating myself but I wouldn't begrudge anyone else who did so lawfully. It's also my understanding that the Japanese during WWII didn't attempt a mainland invasion because they thought we were all cowboys with guns on our hips. That worked out pretty well.

Sweet! Since im tall (6ft2) i dont tend to go for the wakizashi, and my long arms compliment the already impressive reach of the katana :lol: this type of throwing knife is great too: http://www.gungfu.com/pics-general/pics-kn...with-sheath.jpg (i tie a thin long red ribbon to the end of each)

i guess my perfect katana would be very similar to this: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Taezh4ULlfw/SQSx...Demon+Sword.jpg

if not that very same one it would probably have to be from Hattori Hanzo :)

Edit: in close combat why are swords and blades so UNDERrated? honestly i think if there were a dude with daikatana in L4D then the game would be easy.. no? in any case, yes i would most probably be the fool running into a gun fight with a knife :lol:

Edited by SenitaL

Sweet! Since im tall (6ft2) i dont tend to go for the wakizashi, and my long arms compliment the already impressive reach of the katana :lol: this type of throwing knife is great too: http://www.gungfu.com/pics-general/pics-kn...with-sheath.jpg (i tie a thin long red ribbon to the end of each)

i guess my perfect katana would be very similar to this: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Taezh4ULlfw/SQSx...Demon+Sword.jpg

if not that very same one it would probably have to be from Hattori Hanzo :)

Edit: in close combat why are swords and blades so UNDERrated? honestly i think if there were a dude with daikatana in L4D then the game would be easy.. no? in any case, yes i would most probably be the fool running into a gun fight with a knife :lol:

I thought there was some legislation passed in the UK making swords-or certain types of blades-illegal?

I thought there was some legislation passed in the UK making swords-or certain types of blades-illegal?

There might have been :ph34r:

(Edit: its illegal to carry them on the street, if its at home on a display stand i see no reason for the SAS to come knocking :lol:)

Edited by SenitaL

There might have been :ph34r:

(Edit: its illegal to carry them on the street, if its at home on a display stand i see no reason for the SAS to come knocking :lol:)

Oh. I wouldn't go marching down the street with a shotgun slung over my shoulder either.

You've got some laws there that I find strange. This one in particular blows my mind and is so Orwellian it's almost comical http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/08/bri...-private-homes/

"UPDATE: Further research shows that the Express didn

The problem starts with field mice. Their teeth are constantly growing so they need to chew. On the weekends I may have my truck parked for 3 days without going anywhere. Mice will move in under the hood and start chewing the wiring. I can't have that so I got 2 cats. Problem solved until the racoons moved in. They steal the cat's food, terrorize them, and if they have kittens they eat them.

Then you need dogs.