Amd 4000mhz and beyond

RobBan-Swe

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im also having a problem gettting stable over 4000.. i have a 965 with Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P anyone have same board??

i can get it stable for a day running at 4000mhz but soon as i turn folding on and other crap get blue screen

Tweeaked the mob-cpu-mem about 6 week . put a little fan on the sb chip after that hit 4000mhz.i find out that timing\volt memory is the biggest problem + the cpu heat

i can get it stable for a day running at 4000mhz but soon as i turn folding on and other crap get blue screen

What's your definition of stable? Not crashing in Windows?

IntelBurnTest or Prime95 will give you a decent indication of stability. If you can't pass them it's pretty useless to stay clocked at those speeds.

What's your definition of stable? Not crashing in Windows?

IntelBurnTest or Prime95 will give you a decent indication of stability. If you can't pass them it's pretty useless to stay clocked at those speeds.

i fix my car today but i will OC more tomorrow and put up some more oc info. anyone with 4200mhz bios settings ?

For Prime95 you generally want at least 4 hours of stability but longer is better (24 hours is my ultimate test).

For IntelBurnTest even an hour is enough to expose problems.

sounds like a plan now, for voltages on this board im curiouse on what to move up if i do get a crash, ive been trying to read up on people with the same setup but its hopless lol im new with thes new boards im movin up from a optron 180 939 setup, lots more settings and fun stuff :P

i just dont know witch part of the board needs more juice to hit these speeds. Ill try what i think will work and see if it works.. heres a pic of the rig, board never gose past 28*c... ive compared temps with other guys screen shots.. and mine runs so much cooler.. so it makes me wanna get the best possible overclock maxing w/e i need to get there

so ive been running that intelburn and im just wondering what settings i should run with it.. how many times in a row = 1 hour? i put it on maximum burn and at 3900 it craped out at the end should i be setting it to max or what setting for how many runs default is 5 my chip at 3900 1.5v max temp i saw was 45*C board at 26*C

Tweeaked the mob-cpu-mem about 6 week . put a little fan on the sb chip after that hit 4000mhz.i find out that timing\volt memory is the biggest problem + the cpu heat

What does the the SB have anything to do wtih reaching 4Ghz OC on the CPU ? CPU OC is linked to vCore, NB, and Mem-timing/Dimm Voltage.

so ive been running that intelburn and im just wondering what settings i should run with it.. how many times in a row = 1 hour? i put it on maximum burn and at 3900 it craped out at the end should i be setting it to max or what setting for how many runs default is 5 my chip at 3900 1.5v max temp i saw was 45*C board at 26*C

How long totally depends on your CPU. I generally set it at 100 runs and the maximum amount of memory and just kill it whenever I want it to be done. :P

I am new to OCing my self. As many will say, even if you have two identicle built computer they will not OC exactly the same. Keep this in mind. Your computer is like a finger print, no one has the same finger prints.

There are so many ways to test for stable OC. I will give you some basic general OC steps. Make sure to download the latest Prime95 or OCCT. Use Prime95 to mainly test for stability and then use OCCT for confirm that stability

First of all start over from the begining = clearing your CMOS which will reset everything to stock default values. (Make sure you have the latest BIOS version for your Mobo) (restart)

Set your DIMM voltage to the manufacture specified voltage (restart)

Raise the CPU multiplier per each steping - do not skip - and run Prime95 till it passes, then go back and raise again. Leave everything at default. Keep doing this till you get a blue or black screen crash which means you need to add more voltage to the CPU. Technically you should be able to OC to 3.6Ghz on default stock voltage (Auto). When you raise the voltage use two stepings.

When voltage doesnt do anything for you meaning you find you computer geting blue screens during boot in windows, you need to lower the voltage to the last settings it was good, adn then lower you RAM clock.

This should get you started until you feel out your system.

Thanx for the tips!! ill give that a shot and start to learn this system! this chip dont mind stock voltages, right now 3.7 at 1.4v stable as can be intel burn test takes it to 32*C but ill give prime95 a go the version i have is 25.11

Now when i go to run prime95 for say 15 min and if it dont crash OCCT it to conferm, i have a good feeling it has something to do with my ram being picky.. i should of went with a more highend ram for lower timmings. well im gonna start figuring this rig :) see what i can accomplish! but yea there is a bios update for it.. F5 is what i got and theres a F6 ill get that updated first i guess :P gotta digg up the floppy drive!