Reputation Points

Andrewr05

I was just wondering how the reputation point system is being setup?

I'm assuming that the reputation can only be given for someones post and not whenever you want?

Meaning that if I post some helpful information someone has to click on something on that post to give me "rep points"

vs.

Going to my profile link and giving me a "rep point" (Which could be abused because you wouldn't really need a reason for it)

Also are there going to be forum limitations?

Such as the members lounge being omitted from the process?

I don't think I should get "rep points" for making a funny post, we should try as hard as possible to make the reputation system solely based upon someones technical know how or at least their general courtesy aptitude.

Also what about reputation for being a good buyer/seller in the marketplace forum?

and also will it just be a blind "point" or will you be required to give a reason and if so will that log or "points" be able to be seen by other people?

everyone else feel free to ask any question you have about it as well, I'm sure you guys can come up with some interesting questions...

Thanks in advance

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and also will it just bee a blind "point" or will you be required to give a reason and if so will that log or "points"[/i] be able to be seen by other people?

Spelling and bbcode fail. Minus 2 points.

I think it's a little premature asking questions before a system is even implemented. I'm sure a lot of your questions will be answered once it's live and we get to see it.
5 days and counting I just wasn't sure if anyone had a "general" idea of what was going to happen yet.

Spelling and bbcode fail. Minus 2 points.
*shakes fist*

Rep+
Hold your horses we're not there yet!

:P

I will be looking at everything once the upgrade is done to the test server.

Once the upgrade is in place I will sit down with the Admins and we figure out how we are going to do it.

Alright, thanks.

:)