• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.techpowerup.com/105652/NVIDIA_P...Optimistic.html

;)

i read it but m i think i got the idea that nvidia will make chipsets for intel core 2 quads and duos ..

did i get the right or the wrong idea ..? :huh:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Nvidia-Ch...re-i7,8810.html

Robert Sherbin, lead corporate communications spokesman for Nvidia, told PC Magazine that the company will postpone further chipset investments until legal issues with Intel are resolved in court next year. Intel says that its four-year agreement with Nvidia doesn't cover the Nehalem or Core series of processors and, while the legalities have nothing to do with Advanced Micro Devices, Nvidia has stopped developing chipsets for AMD as well.

"We have said that we will continue to innovate integrated solutions for Intel's FSB architecture," Sherbin told PC Magazine in an email. "We firmly believe that this market has a long healthy life ahead. But because of Intel's improper claims to customers and the market that we aren't licensed to the new DMI bus and its unfair business tactics, it is effectively impossible for us to market chipsets for future CPUs. So, until we resolve this matter in court next year, we'll postpone further chipset investments."

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-gp...ipset,8821.html

We've received a number of inquiries recently about NVIDIA's chipset (MCP) business. We'd like to set the record straight on current and future NVIDIA chipset activity.

On Intel platforms, the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M/ION brands have enjoyed significant sales, as well as critical success. Customers including Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Samsung, Acer, ASUS and others are continuing to incorporate GeForce 9400M and ION products in their current designs. There are many customers that have plans to use ION or GeForce 9400M chipsets for upcoming designs, as well.

On AMD platforms, we continue to sell a higher quantity of chipsets than AMD itself. MCP61-based platforms continue to be extremely well positioned in the entry CPU segments where AMD CPUs are most competitive vs. Intel

We will continue to innovate integrated solutions for Intel

Good riddance, nvidia chipsets are awful.

why , the reference ones are , but the none reference are cool like asus 790i ultra (striker ii ..) and 780i

why did you say that ..?

why , the reference ones are , but the none reference are cool like asus 790i ultra (striker ii ..) and 780i

why did you say that ..?

nVidia really hasn't had a good chipset for overclocking for a while.

i find it odd that supposely the 5870x2 will be out next week and we still don't really have any information on its clock speeds etc.. maybe its gonna be alot long then we thing before its out :( or suprizingly 5870 vapor-x lack of info... and that should be out in a few days if boscos giving one away soon! go figure...

Edited by unknownuser200