5870 price range

N.E.A

I'm not sure about Cryostasis.

As for Mirror's Edge, the 4890 will blow the 4870X2 out of the water. Hell, my HTPC's 4830 kills the 4870X2. Just turn off hardware physics and it'll run fine on a single card...but it's much slower than even a single card with Crossfire.

oh ok, I wasn't sure if it was a Cryostasis case where the game wasn't playable without an nvidia in a system. I'm thinking about making a hybrid system with a 8600/9600 so I can play any game I want with the 4890.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh ok, I wasn't sure if it was a Cryostasis case where the game wasn't playable without an nvidia in a system. I'm thinking about making a hybrid system with a 8600/9600 so I can play any game I want with the 4890.

my 4850x2 played it ok not amazing....

The GPU temperature has absolutely zero affect on how much heat it radiates. Typically ATI cards put out less heat than nVidia cards because they are more effecient. Running hotter != more heat.

i do not think so , when i had 4850 , idle around 60 c , max 85-103 c , when i overclocked my cpu to 4.0 the idle temp was good but max was reaching 85 c so i under clocked it to 3.6 , when i got gtx 275 i got my cpu to 4.0 and at max it was 74 c

can you tell me why ..?

and nvidia gpus run cooler than ATI or why i always recommend a none stock cooler for ati cards not just for noise but for heat as well

maybe the fan is stronger but it does not cool the gpu enough

when i got gtx 275 my friend had 4890 the stock cooler one , his idle temp was like 40-45 c and max was reaching 70 c

look at mine and our cards fans was 65% his one was noisy

and our case was in my room when we were testing our cards........:)

i do not think so

Physics doesn't agree with you. :lol:

If you had an original 4850 they didn't have a rear exhaust. I won't buy cards without a rear exhaust because they bring up case temps.

If you compared a 4850 with the nVidia cooler versus the GTX260/275/285 with the stock cooler you'd see a lower rise in temperatures with the ATI card because it simply uses less power.

Physics doesn't agree with you. :lol:

If you had an original 4850 they didn't have a rear exhaust. I won't buy cards without a rear exhaust because they bring up case temps.

If you compared a 4850 with the nVidia cooler versus the GTX260/275/285 with the stock cooler you'd see a lower rise in temperatures with the ATI card because it simply uses less power.

physics does agree with me :P ,

it was HIS 4850 ICEQ4 ....:P it has rear exhaust .............

and the less power , gtx 275 uses less power while desktopping :lol: ( i mean any thing other than gaming )

while 4890 uses less power while gaming ,

lets face it : every one is spending more time on the web or chatting or watching movies .... than gaming am i wrong....?

Edited by N.E.A

Some large HD 5870 pictures linked from here

post-8605-1253059644_thumb.jpgpost-8605-1253059656_thumb.jpg

post-8605-1253059669_thumb.jpgpost-8605-1253059689_thumb.jpg

post-8605-1253059709_thumb.jpgpost-8605-1253059758_thumb.jpg

post-8605-1253059796_thumb.jpg

looks great ...........:)

I found some good one's too

55mWP01.jpg

Megayacht_Octopus.jpg

RM_Elegant_mega_yacht-La.jpg

Looks like the card can come in all white or a two tone color

is it the one gig model or the two......? :lol:

Lol @ IVI :lol:

I want one now! :lol:

in which case are you going to put ............? :P

Edited by N.E.A

Got any pics of the 5870x2? Nice to see they'll be watercooled right out of the box. Where are the PCI-E connectors on The Love Boat?

post-31286-1253062951_thumb.jpg Captain Stubing works at ATI now.

For those who aren't old enough to know, any random mention of Captain Stubing no matter how obscure is hilarious. It's the law.

Edited by rourkchris