Diablo 3: Monk Class Returns

WhenKittensATK

I wouldn't really say the game was fast paced non stop action, I mean unless you actually went looking for monsters you were pretty much safe.

It doesn't matter how you play it, it's the intention that matters. Blizzard's intention is for it to be an action-oriented game.

Anywho, IGN just posted a Diablo III Q&A!

Interestingly, this guy implies that they ARE considering a returning class. I guess that confirms that they truly haven't finalized it yet :lol:.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only fathom the amount of time this game will take from my life :lol:

You have until 2012 to think about it if I know Blizzard.

Awsome video. I can honestly say that I would pay $99.95 for that game and sleep outside gamespot.

Edited by InCrYsIs

well i didn't mean elf chick specifcaly, but a similar character of that of an elf

and as far as healing classes, wasn't the paladin capable of healing

Elves and Dwarves don't exist in Diablo Lore, so ruining the game by adding them is a no-go. Diablo isn't that mythical kind of fantasy RPG. You can still have a ranged physical damage class without Elves. All the heroes in every Diablo game are Humans.

The only reason the Paladin had any healing spells was because he was a Holy soldier. Holy spells that killed the Undead will have the counter-effect of healing the Living. It served almost no main purpose in the game at all, unless there were a lot of Paladins in one server so the Auras didn't stack. With Pots and curses like Life Tap, keeping yourself healed won't be hard. Diablo has done fairly well without a healing class. No reason to add one now. Plus it would make PvP more of a hassle if someone was healing. We already have a Monk, which might take over the Paladin Auras if he isn't added back in.

I think the skill name is Iron Maiden?

It's Life Tap. Iron Maiden was the one that reflect physical damage done to the target back to the attacker. Quite the opposite :D. Instead of leeching life, you end up killing yourself :D.

I can honestly say that I would pay $99.95 for that game and sleep outside gamespot.

Send me the extra $50 and you can still camp outside of Gamestop on release day.

Edited by Krazyxazn

It doesn't matter how you play it, it's the intention that matters. Blizzard's intention is for it to be an action-oriented game.

Anywho, IGN just posted a Diablo III Q&A!

Interestingly, this guy implies that they ARE considering a returning class. I guess that confirms that they truly haven't finalized it yet :lol:.

Maybe we can get both with an expansion pack later on? :thumbs-up:

Had some time to read the Gamespot article link:

In previous Diablo games, you could kill a boss and a lower level player could come along and steal your loot, but this won't be the case for Diablo III. All loot is generated on a per player basis and can only be seen by that player, so if you defeat a boss, you'll have your own set of loot that will be different from others.
I think this is a great idea, similar to Hellgate London's system. I always hated MMOs and only one set of loot. If they changed WoW to this system, I might come back. Edited by Krazyxazn

Yuck!

I don't like the proposed hotbar system.

I like that in Diablo your main skills are controlled by 'right click' (or whatever you have it setup as), I think thats adds a degree of difficulty and differentiates Diablo from the thousands of other RPGs that merely allow skills to be cast with 1-x.

Nooooo...

And you don't rely on potions you run around and get health pickups...

Argh!

I'm not too fond of the tri-stage skills either, I like the old way better.

They say it supposedly doesn't stray too far from DII but from what I've seen so far other than the lore it isn't actually that similar.

So health orbs get "dropped" to you kind of like experience points do in some other games, you hit a monster and health floats over to you in orb form.

I mean I'm sure its neat but I just can't help but think that that is too different than Diablo II, potions are essentially gone (well, you can use them but only once per map? what the heck?).

So where does this place minor skills like HP gained per hit and stuff like that if you are essentially gaining life when you hit monsters anyways?

I realize they stated that not every monster will drop them but I don't foresee this actually being all that fun.

Then again I'm pathetic and I essentially want them to make DII with new graphics. :P

If it aint broke why fix it?

See ya, I'm off to play some DII...

:withstupid:

I think most people can agree there, D2 was pretty much perfect but everyone would just like to see it with better graphics, not me personally, I don't care either way really. With just the changes andrew has mentioned I am thinking about not getting this game now, I mean Titan Quest would be more similar to D2 than D3 will be, might as well just play titan quest.

I don't do much B.Net, I tend to stick to single player with 99% of the non MMO (obviously) games that I play.

I just like going at my own pace I guess, not having to worry about meeting at the correct spot and doing all this and that.

I'll give it a try tomorrow though if anyone wants to play around a bit.

I'll have to make new characters as I think the last ones that I tried have expired by now.

I kind of like low level partying anyways...

:P

I dunno, personally, I got kinda tired of spamming my health potions (usually an array of 16 big rejuvies) when I was getting my butt whooped.

I always went for hp and mana steal, but, I usually found myself in some tight spots anyways.

In the case of a paladin with a 5-hit zeal...and iron maiden cast on him...well...spam those number keys :lol:. The chaos sanctuary was always a worry for me when I was using a barbarian or physical paladin. You really learn the individual sounds and icon for those curses pretty quite when you kick your own butt haha.

I'm going to sad when and if there isn't a paladin. To say I was fanatic (pun intended), is an understatement. :)

Had some time to read the Gamespot article link:

I think this is a great idea, similar to Hellgate London's system. I always hated MMOs and only one set of loot. If they changed WoW to this system, I might come back.

I agree...getting your own loot is great. My main characters back in the day was a bowazon and a summancer...both ranged classes, and thus when I grouped with others, barbs and palys would steal all the good loot drops before I could even see them.

Yuck!

I don't like the proposed hotbar system.

I like that in Diablo your main skills are controlled by 'right click' (or whatever you have it setup as), I think thats adds a degree of difficulty and differentiates Diablo from the thousands of other RPGs that merely allow skills to be cast with 1-x.

You can still use left and right clicks to cast your main skills, and there will also be the ability to quickly change your right-click skill using the tab key. If you don't like using the 1-4 hotbar for additional skills, you don't have to.

Nooooo...

And you don't rely on potions you run around and get health pickups...

Argh!

So health orbs get "dropped" to you kind of like experience points do in some other games, you hit a monster and health floats over to you in orb form.

I mean I'm sure its neat but I just can't help but think that that is too different than Diablo II, potions are essentially gone (well, you can use them but only once per map? what the heck?).

So where does this place minor skills like HP gained per hit and stuff like that if you are essentially gaining life when you hit monsters anyways?

I realize they stated that not every monster will drop them but I don't foresee this actually being all that fun.

You really haven't paid much attention to D3, have ya? The whole no-pot, health orb system has been known for at least a year, if not two. I think it has its pros and cons. I'm hoping the pros prove to outweigh the cons, but we'll have to wait and see. The whole one-pot-per-map thing is a bit confusing...I guess we'll have to wait and see on that as well.

I'm not too fond of the tri-stage skills either, I like the old way better.
That's only for the Monk, so if you don't like that system, don't play the Monk. LoD's Assassin was similar, in that if you wanted to be the best martial artist, you had to chain moves together as well. I think the Monk class may prove to be pretty exciting to play. Probably won't be the first class I play, but I can see it being a nice change of pace after awhile.

Then again I'm pathetic and I essentially want them to make DII with new graphics. :P

If it aint broke why fix it?

See ya, I'm off to play some DII...

This happens with every sequel ever made. You try to improve the game and make it different, and you draw in new people, but piss off some of the old people. You keep the game basically the same but with a minor graphical update, and some of the old people like it, but many people will claim that the developer is being lazy. You can never satisfy everyone. Personally, I pull for the former because at least if you truly don't like the changes, you can just stick to the old game.

I wish I could join you but unfortunately I can't play D2 for the time being since my dvd-rom isn't usable.
If you have your physical CDs, register your key at http://us.battle.net/. That'll allow you do then download and install the game from there. I actually did this on Friday. I was at a friend's house and we watched the Monk gameplay vid. He never played D2, so, remembering I registered my copies on b.net, I went and downloaded it from there and installed them. It took about an hour to download and another 15 minutes to install (combine for D2 and LOD). Really good system they have there, IMO.