Is it lapped enough?

WReXSTi

is this heatsink lapped? its a thermalright ultra and I was wondering if i need to lap it more or if it needs to be lapped.

Also, should I get this or a Noctua U12P 1366?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't really anyway to tell just by looking at it, what you should do if you really care to is take a perminent marker and marker the entire bottom and then start sanding with some light sand paper (like 800+ grit) and watch to see if it sands off evenly or if not if it is convex or concave.

Thats a very good price.

The TruE looked like it had not been lapped. A lap job wil end up showing copper if it was done correctly.

Thanks I purchased the Noctua because it was better than the Thermalright TRUE in the review made by you... lol Thanks for everything guys.

:withstupid: That would be the most acurrate way to find out whats what about that cooler. and if you have a powerful flashlight then you could use that and if light is bleeding through alot in a lite room then you have a inperfection. you can do the same with the chip just be carful not to be any pins.

Check it before you do. the noctua is a pretty high quality HSF by what I have heard

Edited by boinker

:withstupid: That would be the most acurrate way to find out whats what about that cooler. and if you have a powerful flashlight then you could use that and if light is bleeding through alot in a lite room then you have a inperfection. you can do the same with the chip just be carful not to be any pins.

Check it before you do. the noctua is a pretty high quality HSF by what I have heard

kk thanks everyone

EDIT: Will my motherboard be able to hold this cooler? I have a P6TSE and I am afraid that my motherboard will not hold it. It is the one with two fans (770g)

Edited by WReXSTi

The TRUE picture looked like a stock picture. I strongly doubt that was lapped at all. In that case, it would almost certainly benefit from lapping. Thermalright coolers are widely known for not being very flat.