Gtx 260 power saving troubles

Ok, i hate power saving options, 100% hate them, i dont care about reducing my clock speeds while im idle etc etc

I have every power saving function i can find disabled (in both windows and bios), however, my gtx 260+ is limiting its clock speeds when not in a 3D game

For the life of me i cannot find the power saving function that is limiting my Graphics card

Any ideas?

Thanx,

Love

+

setting your clocks in rivatuner will prevent them from dropping in 2D mode.

For some reason even with forced settings in rivatuner it still dropped

I resolved the issue however, its a palit gtx 260+ sonic edition, I downloaded the latest drivers straight from nvidia when i first installed the card

I uninstalled them and installed drivers from the CD and the Cd came with a program for overclocking, it had 2 seperate clocks set for 2d and 3d, i just set them to the same thing and no more down clocking :)

i never heard of anyone or anything to uses the full power of even a 8600 in 2dmode, why on earth would you want a GTX 260 running at full speed for no reason other than to create heat.

i never heard of anyone or anything to uses the full power of even a 8600 in 2dmode, why on earth would you want a GTX 260 running at full speed for no reason other than to create heat.

he wants to run Windows Aero max settings lol

My 8600GT runs 630/1386/567 (x2 and yes its GDDR2, thats why its running so low) 24/7. Does it even have the power saving feature? Its 43W max @ stock, so im probably using like ~60W...