Best Video Card for Around $200

I am looking at the XFX HD-489A-ZDEC Radeon HD 4890 Xtreme 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card as my new upgrade from my 7950 GX2.

I have never gone with ATI but they are pushing out some good numbers with their prices.

I will be going with an AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE processor so I guess ATI will work with this.

Should I look at nVidia? If so what would look good?

As you can see the 4890 is the best there is in my price range

chart_percent.png

Also I can go 4890 Crossfire down the road so getting 4850 in Crossfire now is out of the question. let me know... thanks!!

I am looking at the XFX HD-489A-ZDEC Radeon HD 4890 Xtreme 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card as my new upgrade from my 7950 GX2.

I have never gone with ATI but they are pushing out some good numbers with their prices.

I will be going with an AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE processor so I guess ATI will work with this.

PICTURE

Also I can go 4890 Crossfire down the road so getting 4850 in Crossfire now is out of the question. let me know... thanks!!

what does that graph even refer too?? :unsure:

and if you are willing to spend THAT much for a 4890 then you could also consider a 275 but I recommend just getting a cheaper 4890

here's some I'd recommend instead

Sapphire's 4890 with a 901 core clock that's right in the middle in price ($199 and $189 after rebate)

MSI has the cheapest 4890 here ($199 and $179 after rebate)

and if you must pay the unnecessary price premium for an XFX then get this one as it will overclock with it's eyes shut to the one you posted ($199)

Yeah I think for the money and the performance a 4800 series card is the way to go for me. I am looking at the 4890 because it is in my price range and sound sweeeeeeeeeeet... but I heard that ATI is dropping prices at the end of this month so I will wait.

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrip

that 260 ruins the point of getting one since it's in the price range of the 4890, the 260's beauty is that you can find it as cheap as the one I just posted

Right.... except it outperforms the 4890. You can easily hit 700 core on that Asus 260, most reviews I see have it at 800 or so and it outperforms 275s.

Our very own OCC review

What it does at 800 core

The thread was "best video card for $200"... I'd like to see one better.

Edited by 9KRacing

chart_percent.png

Read the Cons, this is from the first one.

"Cons: Don't work in crossfire configuration whatsoever. With drivers installed I get to where it's going to show the desktop, and then a BSOD. Latest drivers on a fresh format and re-install of Vista 64. AMD/ATI has no answer, XFX probably won't either, although I've opened a ticket with them as well."

Edited by Dan The Gamer