Police officer uses Taser on male student at High School

Andrewr05

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's time for the next taser story . Now we are going to the other end of the age spectrum and pretty much the same questions about justified use.

I'm fine with this one too. It was clearly explained to her what would happen if she didn't cooperate. I don't understand what he did wrong. Yet again, it's people just not respecting authority.

It's time for the next taser story . Now we are going to the other end of the age spectrum and pretty much the same questions about justified use.

Honestly, people make way too big a deal about tasers. I attribute it to most people not knowing how they work or what they do. Yeah, they hurt like hell, but then it's over, no lasting pain, no bruising, only two small pinpricks on the skin from the darts. As for the news media getting all sensationalist about an "old person" or "student" that's what the media does, make things sound more interesting than they are, because it brings viewers. To a police officer, a suspect is a suspect, whatever their age. If you run from police (like the lady did in ^that article^) you should expect to get injured. And an old lady can shoot a cop just as well as a 20-something gangbanger, so cops can't treat people different just because their "old" or "young."

Before tasers were popular with PDs, a cop could do one of two things to stop a suspect: He could beat them over the head with his baton, or he could shoot them, and hope they survive. If you ask me, I'll take a temporary electric shock any day of the week over getting bludgeoned or shot.

Now she deserved that one, especially with everything being caught on tape. A little hard to say that what is shown in a video didn't happen, especially when you're the one under the charge of resisting arrest and speeding as well.