W3520 on Water/OCZ Cryo Z SS

Took it apart and put my wire for temp meter in there, it says about what the bios does -21c, I ran prime 95 for about 5 minutes and it warms up to -13.5 according to the temp gauge. It was enough to get coretemp to start reading something besides -6c. Here is the sreenshot...

temps.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. I have a custom made single stage cooler from Under-the-Ice and it does much better at holding my 920 D0's heatload than my modded Vapo LS. It's not built for 24/7 use but it easily holds around -32C loaded with ~1.4v on the chip. I'm glad to see the Cryo-z keep these newer chips under 0C. Have you felt or measured the temps of the compressor under load?

Good job man, I'm going to have to work on my D0 with the single stage soon and see if I can get similar results

Nice. I have a custom made single stage cooler from Under-the-Ice and it does much better at holding my 920 D0's heatload than my modded Vapo LS. It's not built for 24/7 use but it easily holds around -32C loaded with ~1.4v on the chip. I'm glad to see the Cryo-z keep these newer chips under 0C. Have you felt or measured the temps of the compressor under load?

Good job man, I'm going to have to work on my D0 with the single stage soon and see if I can get similar results

I think chilly1 was the designer of these or they have the chilly1 head on them anyway or had something to do with them or so I read. No I havent done anything lol, this is the second time I have used the thing. Once with a E8600 briefly for the Forum Wars and then today. I got some good cas 7 DDR3 2000 coming, may have to bolt the F1 on it when it gets here and try out the new dewar also... :)

Benched all do today, well and yesterday also. I have about reached the max with the OCZ Cryo Z. Next will be DICE or LN2. There are plenty of results on hwbot from today if anyone is interested in looking. I love this motherboard and cpu, Here is my max superpi...

superpi8047.jpg

I think I need a classified! Hey Dave did you find any issues with the memory multipliers being locked like the ES 920s

No they are not locked on mine, I have some corsair 2000 coming also. I read there only locked on ES/C0 chips, the same guy says the ES D0s are unlocked but I have not seen anyone with one yet to verify it. :unsure:

No they are not locked on mine, I have some corsair 2000 coming also. I read there only locked on ES/C0 chips, the same guy says the ES D0s are unlocked but I have not seen anyone with one yet to verify it. :unsure:

Retail chips aren't locked. That Xeon/Classified look like an awesome combo :D

It looks like it might be worth the scary asking price after all

Edited by Zertz

Very nice final OC! The guys at under-the-ice have started building / upgrading my new custom single stage and they hope to have it shipped by this time next week. I sold the modded LS because I just wasn't happy with the temps and I have no use for a 24/7 phase system anymore. The custom unit was nice but I wanted something a little more :) I'll get some results up asap and see if I can match your results. My initial D0 results seem to be on par with your 3520 but only time will tell.

BTW: Did you receive your 2000MHz chips yet? I've got a brand new set of 2000MHz Dominator GTs that I'm wanting to try, but I may just send them back and keep using the 1866 set. I was just curious if you noticed a good gain going to the high speed stuff.

Very nice final OC! The guys at under-the-ice have started building / upgrading my new custom single stage and they hope to have it shipped by this time next week. I sold the modded LS because I just wasn't happy with the temps and I have no use for a 24/7 phase system anymore. The custom unit was nice but I wanted something a little more :) I'll get some results up asap and see if I can match your results. My initial D0 results seem to be on par with your 3520 but only time will tell.

BTW: Did you receive your 2000MHz chips yet? I've got a brand new set of 2000MHz Dominator GTs that I'm wanting to try, but I may just send them back and keep using the 1866 set. I was just curious if you noticed a good gain going to the high speed stuff.

No I have not got them yet, they will be here the 22nd. Hopefully they will help in benches some, I got the cas 8s Corsair Dominator GT/6Gb. I think I will put the F1 on then and see what I can do...