W3520 on Water/OCZ Cryo Z SS

Finally getting a little time to mess with the classified board, the W3520 may have a little more not sure yet...

229x19.jpg

4500intelburn.jpg

4657superpi.jpg

wprime5565.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very impressive, RR! :thumbs-up:

4657mhz @ 1.28 seems freakin amazing. what kinda temps were you getting at that speed? you think it'd be reasonable to expect that out of a good retail i7, or does the Xeon really bring the better performance its binning might suggest?

I'm going to say the Xeon really does bring that extra performance. It has to be able to take lower voltages to keep temps down. Servers are not nice environments for any type of hardware. They're left in back rooms with poorly vented cases with small heatsinks and weak fans. They collect dust and are never cleaned. They can't make much heat or they'd cook.

Those are some good results. Put that sucker under DICE and let's see what it can do...

I see some people getting similar results with D0 920s but usually a little more volts. I bought a D0 920 and it was worse than my C0 920, its all luck of the draw really is what I think...

Stop cheating you tart, and get 3x2gb sticks in there for some Triple Channel goodness. Still a nice clock though :D

Got a W3540 winging it's way to me at the moment, so some fun should be had :D

Edit: by the way, ITB dos'nt stress i7's enough. To test it properly you need to use LinX.

Edited by kitfit1

Stop cheating you tart, and get 3x2gb sticks in there for some Triple Channel goodness. Still a nice clock though :D

Got a W3540 winging it's way to me at the moment, so some fun should be had :D

Edit: by the way, ITB dos'nt stress i7's enough. To test it properly you need to use LinX.

LOL was not even trying to cheat, I take 2-3 x 1gb sets of RAM and use 2 of each for each rig so I have enough memory for 3 rigs, 2 in each. Those are 1600s, I have some 2000s but they require 2v not sure how that will work, may burn something up I dont know I have not tried them yet. I am tring to get a W5580 if things work out I will get one...

IntelBurnTest only loads the CPU to 50% when hyperthreading is enabled. To fully stress 8 cores requires LinX if one wishes to use a Linpack type stress test.

Very nice. Well over 4ghz on a quad is amazing.

I have always been a big fan of server/mobile chips - XP2500-M, 939 Opteron 144, and most recently my Xeon E3110. Next build will be an i7 based Xeon, unless AMD pulls something unexpected again with their Opteron line.