Mass Effect 2 details??

_TheAlexO

good stuff! thanks for keeping an eye on that stuff

You're welcome. I have no life so I monitor a few gaming websites and the websites of a few games as well. I check them damn near religiously lol.

I haven't tested out the patch yet, but I plan to by this weekend. Maybe this is a precursor to adding in the vehicle since one of the changes is for vehicle control..

Its nice to see that ME2 already has a patch out, but thats not saying everythings perfect! I've been going through my New game + Using my Vanguard and i was SO looking forward to picking up a new weapon on the collector ship, (i already had a sniper, so probably the widow or the assult rifle) but when i eventually got there (insanity Playthrough) there wern't any weapons to choose! :angry2: :bah: :angry2: - sorry bioware but you have left me no choice but to HAX your game to get them all, and i will if its the last thing i do! :evil: Oh and thanks for the update on that Hammerhead Tank, i be looking forward to that! :thumbs-up:

Okay Everyone, i said id Get this game Haxed if it was the last thing i did - as it turns out its the 1st thing i did :lol:

Heres a little gift for all of you:

http://www.gamevixenzone.com/gvz/viewtopic...f=44&t=4768

Edit: Heres a New revision of the Save Editor: http://mod.gib.me/masseffect2/saveedit_rev25.zip

Im having a little trouble trying to add those 3 special Weapons. I can change all atributes such as Race/background even class and allocated squad points ect ect (a Bloody lot basically!) Give me a while and ill figure this out

- Ill Get back to this 1st thing tomorrow as im really tired now, But heres a little teaser to show you that ME2 is Very modable

10nz32t.jpg

Update: New day (Quater to 6 in the morning) and im back on the case, i found a very interesting moding tool just before i went to sleep but didnt have time to check it out propperly, Heres the link: http://social.bioware.com/project/1998/

You can create your own mods with this (like the one above :P), you'll have to back up your Coalesced.ini file before using it, though i think it automatically does that for you. Im going to have a good play arround with this and hopefully ill have a breakthrough to report later on today :thumbs-up:

Edited by SenitaL

Once again, i apologize for the triple post but i've just hit paydirt!

Codes for the 3 Collector Ship Weapons (they wer'nt listed there so i had to do a little more digging):

Widow Rifle

SFXWeapon_MassCannon

Krogan Shotgun

SFXWeapon_FlakGun

Revenent AR

SFXWeapon_MachineGun

Open Gibbed.MassEffect2.SaveEdit - go to 'Raw' > squad > Player > Weapons (its at the bottom) > then change the variables in the 'Class name' Section. For example i had the SMG but wanted to try out the special Assult rifle so i changed SFXWeapon_SMG into SFXWeapon_MachineGun. NOTE: you cannot have more then 5 weapons at a time, because the GUI can't handle it, Thats why i changed the Variables rather then using the 'Add' Function.

ALSO, go to Loadout > and change (For example) SFXGameContent_Inventory.SFXWeapon_SMG to SFXGameContent_Inventory.SFXWeapon_Machinegun (you get the idea..)

You should be able to do this with practically any weapon in the game, even a heavy mech's minigun, though i wouldnt go mad on those sort of weapons, just use the more 'normal?' ones like a geth pulse rifle or something, otherwise they might start randomly dissapearing due to something in the way the game Loads (though i hear theres a workarround for this, ill keep digging to find out more.)

Heres a youtube Video with something else that might interest you:

I've seen all manner of mods now, Some Cool, Funny, wacky and plain bizarre. The moding potental of This game is far more then i expected, Im going to try and work on creating a mod which adds weapons, armors and casual appearences - but stays cannon to the game at the same time, so nothing which could cause problems in Mass effect 3 (such as the ability to do multiple romances, which certainly would break ME3) or any outrageous stuff :lol:

Edited by SenitaL

im falling so far behind. i went a couple weeks of playing nothing but this game. BFBC2 beta ruined it for me :P i havent played since that came out. now that the beta is over (i think) maybe ill hop back on ME2 and finish it off!

Finished a play through this weekend.

I must say I was disappointed in the ending but since it is a trilogy I will let it go. I was hoping it would be a more morbid ending. People had said it was but I didn't find it to be. I like how you can finish stuff after the main story is over.

Not really spoiling anything here but I figured just in case.

Finished a play through this weekend.

I must say I was disappointed in the ending but since it is a trilogy I will let it go. I was hoping it would be a more morbid ending. People had said it was but I didn't find it to be. I like how you can finish stuff after the main story is over.

Not really spoiling anything here but I figured just in case.

That is what is amazing about this game, is that two different people can play the same game and experience something entirely different. You only got one of the many possible endings remember. If you didn't make the right choices either Shepherd could of died along with his whole crew.

That is what is amazing about this game, is that two different people can play the same game and experience something entirely different. You only got one of the many possible endings remember. If you didn't make the right choices either Shepherd could of died along with his whole crew.

Everyone lived except Jack and Mordin. I was surprised that was all that died. Especially after hearing suicide mission several times throughout the game.

Everyone lived except Jack and Mordin. I was surprised that was all that died. Especially after hearing suicide mission several times throughout the game.

You see everyone's game is different, I had everyone survive. My buddy on the other hand didn't make it. It is different for each person which is why I think the ending was so great.

Makes me want to play the game again, now if I only could get the game back from my dad :-\

It ultimately depends on how well prepared you are for the final mission. If you go in with all the ship upgrades, have your members all loyal and maxed out, and make the right choices when it comes to who goes down the ventilation shaft and who gets to be squad leader, then you have a high likelihood of everyone surviving. But let's say you didn't upgrade the ship, you lose like 3 people as soon as you get through the Omega 4 relay. If you pick the wrong person for the shaft, that person dies. If you push ahead quickly rather than send people back, you'll lose more people that way.

Like greengiant said, there are multiple variables that factor into what ending you will get. My first play through I did every single side mission and maxed out everything before I went on the suicide mission and everyone lived. With the second play through I didn't do nearly as much and I lost Mordin.