Mass Effect 2 details??

_TheAlexO

i would love to see an MMO if anything, something like SW:TOR maybe it would take place during the krogan wars or something

I agree, they've built up a fairly big universe with it and an MMO kind of makes sense. The CEOs seem to want more from the universe and I gotta say, once the third game closes the trilogy, I do not want to see the series go away. I don't mean a fourth game to continue the story, I want something entirely new. Something to go with the Krogan Wars like you said or maybe even something thats the aftermath of the trilogy.. like the universe 100 years after the three games or something.

Gets the creative juices flowing doesn't it? You could even play as a younger Mordin during the Second implementation of the Krogan Genophage. Fight Rachni, Thresher maws, Hell even other Krogan. Lets not forget the Turians and Asari would be in there too. Personally Id love to play as part of the original STG group, if done with delicate care, it could be VERY fun :)

Just as long as they don't make an RTS game, like what halo did.. :glare: Anyone keeping up to date with the Comic's? Their actually quite good, also filling in lots of gaps between ME1 and 2 ;)

I have some interesting news for you all today (as always :teehee: )

Firstly, we should be seeing some more armor soon, reason being is i bumped into this picture of shepard using the Arc projector:

arc_projector-02-p.jpg

Notice the armor he is wearing is nothing like whats currently available, adding to that he's is not wearing a Helmet, so my conclusion is that its new Modular Pieces to use with the N7 armor? Did a search on the bioware forums and one of the Devs posted a reply saying "We'll learn more about that armor Soon :evilgrin: "

Also Liara may well return with DLC of her own! Audio files were extracted which contained some interesting dialogue for her, heres the full story Story:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/19/rumor-mass-effect-2-files-suggest-liara-tsoni-dlc/

Interesting little tidbit showed up today.. take from it what you will.

Btw, that new armor looks sick. I need to get ME1 and 2 reinstalled on here.. haven't had the chance after I formated to W7 before finals week. But since I'm done with school, I should get the games back on here.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news for you fellow ME2 lovers out there! More DLC :woo:

The pack will be named 'Overlord' (ironically one of my favorite characters in Video gaming :P)

Details:

When sent to investigate a Cerberus research base that's mysteriously gone silent, Shepard arrives to find Geth overrunning the base. The sole survivor, Chief Scientist Archer, paints a dire picture: an experiment to fuse a human volunteer with a virtual intelligence created a dangerous hybrid "VI overlord". The rampaging VI has already attacked three other Cerberus bases, controlling any technology it finds in an attempt to break free–and unleashing Geth across the planet. Unless Shepard can infiltrate the VI's fortress and shut it down, this homicidal intelligence will beam itself-off planet and wreak havoc on other systems. The action unfolds over five new level areas, with two new achievements.

No specific date but it'll be *coming soon* With a pricetag of 560MS points or 560 Bioware points.

I just got the email about the Overlord DLC being available right now. Sounds pretty sweet though I can't try it out until I get back from my vacation. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, it looks as though there will be more Dark horse comic's out for ME2, i've pieced together a small 8 page side plot of the redemption comic's, it elaborates on why Aria reacted the way she did at the mention of collectors. Found it from an IGN interview with Mac walters. Heres a link to the "Incursion" Sub plot: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CHX4BYIQ

If you haven't already read the Redemption comic books id strongly suggest you do so, as they really give us some interesting backstory as to what happened in the time between ME1 and 2. Here, i uploaded them too, just so you lazy sodz dont have an excuse :Phttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=PKQWV4LV

Edit: and shallowbay get your butt on Steam more often! i keep forgetting to PM you a link for the Overlord Dlc! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

New DLC just came out today, Titled the "Aegis Pack" it includes the "kestrel Armor" which if you remember from a few posts back was that screenshot i posted, and as it turns out i was right about it being a modular Design! :evilgrin: So you'll actually get 5 pieces (Head, Shoulders, Arms, Torso and Legs)

The pack also includes the Incisor Sniper rifle, for those of you that don't know, the Incisor fires a Tripple round burst, its quite effective but drains ammo, also imo on insanity difficulty it's lack of damage should make you think twice before using it. It was also supposed to be exclusive to people who purchased the "Digital Deluxe edition" of ME2 through online distribution (this is the 2nd time they've done this, 1st was the Inferno Armor :down: ) Anyhow Pictures and Details of the individual Pieces Follow:

aegis-03-p.jpg

aegis-01-p.jpg

aegis-02-p.jpg

aegis-04-p.jpg

- The Kestrel Helmet adds weapon damage, shield strength, and headshot damage.

- The Kestrel Torso Sheath adds melee and weapon damage and shield strength.

- Kestrel Arm Sheathing adds melee and weapon damage and shield strength.

- Kestrel Shoulder Pieces adds shields and melee damage.

- The Kestrel hip-mounted Power Pack ups shields and heavy weapon ammo capacity.

Price:

Xbox 360: 160 MS Points

PC: 160 BioWare Points

guys...i STILL have not beat this game!! wtf is wrong with me!? i need more free time. this is crazy and i hate myself for it :sick:

Lol, I'm still working on Dragon Age: Origins, Cryostasis, Assassins Creed II, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed... all concurrently haha.

Aside from the helmet, that is a spiffy looking armor. The sniper rifle sounds good but if its lacking in damage then eh.

I should re-phrase that to "Due to its lack of effectiveness on Insanity Difficulty" ;)

I've tested it out and have to say it is a nice set of armor, BUT and this is a BIG but - I'm currently playing as a female Shepard, and if i equip any helmet; you honestly wouldn't be able to tell the difference from a male Shep :-/ I think they kept the same models or Agonizingly similar for both male and female.