Mass Effect 2 details??

_TheAlexO

Well then, now that sniper rifle sounds worth it. Be nice for taking out armored and shielded targets in just a single three round burst.

Sucks about the armor though.. be weird to see that when I start the second playthrough with my female Shepard.

Call me sexist , but i just cant do a play through with a female Shepard. just doesnt seem right to me. when i think of shepard i think of a badass alien killing butt kicking super hero. Sooo with my narrow mindedness i refuse to play as a female. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys and girls, Don't you just Love Bioware? :D - They've announced some New DLC today! and if you've been following this thread you'll know a while back i made an intuitive prediction that Liara would return with her own DLC, well guess what? i was right! (..again :P )

The new DLC is Titled "Lair of the Shadow Broker" and will be available "soon" Details so far:

Two years ago, Commander Shepard died and Liara T'Soni fought in a desperate struggle against the Shadow Broker to recover her former Commander. (read Redemption comics!) Now that Shepard is back, it's time to even the score. Team up with Liara and confront the mysterious and sinister Shadow Broker in the latest expansion to Mass Effect 2. Screens:

shadow_broker-01-p.jpg

shadow_broker-02-p.jpg

shadow_broker-03-p.jpg

I HIGHLY recommend you read through the Mass Effect Redemption Comic Series before you play as it will give you a nice insight as to what happens in the time between ME1 and 2, and will give you a Prelude (or whatever you call it) to this DLC. I posted links to the comics, you should find them on the Previous page, ( http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=164360&view=findpost&p=1825385 ) (Post #272) so read up and try not to get your panties wet from waiting for this DLC! :)

Notes: Looks to be a New pistol and AR included too. Also i sure hope they have'nt changed the Colour of liara's Eyes.. i Quite like the Dazzling sky blue :P

Edited by SenitaL
  • Like 1

a rep point would suffice ;) lol, but seriously thank shallowbay for starting it up! also you and bp come here regularly too ;)

and would Someone PLEASE get rid of the "Edited on.." tab thing at the bottom of posts! It clashes with the navy blue and its so annoying! :ouch:

Edited by SenitaL

YES!!! My 5850 came in the mail yesterday so i am back in the gaming arena. Fired up Mass Effect 2 late last night.. i forgot how good this game is! :D

I put about 2 hours into it, i need to get back to where i was before i cleaned my hard drive which was ~40 hours in. :angry: This time ill backup my save file

playing as a Soldier this time around. I usually like to be something with Biotics but i figure this way i can use all the weapons and ill just have biotics in my squad and use their abilities

Seems to be that the weapons shown off in the screens for the Shadow Broker DLC are going to be released beforehand. No word on when the weapon pack or the Shadow Broker DLC will launch, but BioWare did say that the big reveal during the Shadow Broker DLC will not be spoiled before it launches. This makes me wonder exactly what the reveal will be..

Theres a pattern with how BioWare have been releasing the DLC - In general it's announced roughly 1 month in advance, as for the weapon/gear packs they just spring up out of the blue so i would estimate "Layer of the Shadow Broker" will be out in late august early September. don't like having to wait another month :(

Just a quick update for all you fans out there, the new Retribution Book has just been released!

Retribution is set after Ascension, This being the story AFTER Mass effect 2. "One man is bent on discovering the Reapers' secrets, the mysterious Illusive Man, the leader of a pro-human, black ops group, Cerberus. And he's devised the perfect plan: implant a human subject with Reaper technology in order to study the enemy. He also has the perfect test subject—Paul Grayson, an ex-Cerberus operative. Grayson betrayed Cerberus in order to save his daughter. So when Grayson is kidnapped and made the subject of Cerberus' evil experiments, the Illusive Man will finally have his revenge.."

mass-effect-retribution-cover.jpg

Theres an extract of the story (chapter 1) for you do download here: http://masseffect.bioware.com/resources/assets/market/books/retribution-01.pdf

Edited by SenitaL