Which Linux Distro Do You Use?

Just interested in which distro you are using.

I was an avid Ubuntu user, but since its so easy and there are so many, I am venturing out.

Right now I am looking at OpenSUSE and possibly Fedora.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so can u play games with Linux??? i installed Ubuntu one time but had some problems with it probably cuz i didn't know what i was doing but i'd like to try some version of Linux again but i play alot of games so that prob wouldn't work.....

so can u play games with Linux??? i installed Ubuntu one time but had some problems with it probably cuz i didn't know what i was doing but i'd like to try some version of Linux again but i play alot of games so that prob wouldn't work.....

Sure you can play games. I've got Ubuntu and I can play solitaire, tetris, nibbles, and minesweeper! :D

You can't really play games on Linux. The code is too different from Windows.

Sure you can play games. I've got Ubuntu and I can play solitaire, tetris, nibbles, and minesweeper! :D

You can't really play games on Linux. The code is too different from Windows.

Wine!

http://appdb.winehq.org/appbrowse.php?catId=2

It seems like the compatibilities have come a long way :)

PS: I'm an OpenSUSE user (10.1, 10.2, 10.3)

Edited by Crazy_Nate

Most linux distros are native 64-bit, so the memory should be no problemo...however, quad SLI just sounds like a linux nightmare (I could never get SLI working on my GF's computer...and we finally switched her 2x6600GTs to a 6800GT).

I would not even attempt to play with Wine if you're not good with linux, and love to tinker. Some games require forcing older versions of direct x to work properly (8 or before...). Go take a look at specific games that you like to play, and see if they're supported, or what problems users are having.