Is your girlfiriend/significant other into computers?

Crow47

I can think of 3 can't remember the names though.

Anyways so far I have never met a girl that is into the hardware part of computers. I have seen a few girls that can trouble shoot basic problems with a computer but nothing too advance. Seen quite a few who like to do things like web design or photo shop.

As for games I very rarely seen girls who like to play war shooting or RPG games. I know a lot of girls who like to play video games like the Sims or Guitar hero and like to use the Wii but that's about it.

I think the reason why girls don't like computers that much is because the computer tech life style doesn't really fit in with the typically life style girls have.

How can you forget the mascot of occ, the big hairy ape, celticaflm! :lol:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a whole bunch of nerdy looking girls (not the gross kind) in the line for Watchmen last night. Most of them seemed to be with a guy, so these girls exist somewhere.

probably playing WoW or something :lol:

Personal experience says you dont want a chick into all the same stuff you are.

Gatta have some me time, dont need chicks invading my computer, kinda like how chicks used to be not allowed in the garage..guy zone.

Also dont ever date a chick if you both play WoW...terrible..terrible..circumstances every time =D

my girl is into computers in a big way, she actually knew what liquid cooling was and was able to identify it in one of my older systems. been getting her playing around with linux recently. and she'd rather use it that windows, simply because it is faster i guess. that and she loves playing with compiz. she currently has a craptop with an amd athlon 64 x2 and an onboard geforce 7600 gpu. she wants to build a desktop soon. thinking of steering her towards an amd phenom II on am3 with ddr3 and gtx 260's in sli. she likes the idea of sata raid after seeing the performance difference since i upgraded my pc. and get this, she doesn't want me to assemble her computer, she just wants guidance. she also wants a liquid cooling system as well. gonna try to get her to throw down on a danger den setup. she doesn't know allot about how computers work but she has a good idea of how to put one together. just gotta try to keep her on budget for her build. so she gets everything she wants.

• 1 month later...