Air Cooling

Hi again everyone. first off, iam using a NZXT Tempest case. stock fans are ok, but i want alittle better air flow. on top, it has two 140mm fans, 2 120 mm fans in the front one 120 mm on the side and back exhuast is also 120 mm. i dont mind alittle noise, usually playing games on Day of Defeat or something like that with head phones on. ive checked out Scythe S-flex and Artic cooling fans on the internet. looking at reviews. would like some of your opinions as to which fans you like the best and why. i dont mind spending alittle extra to keep this system running cool, not ready to try out water cooling just yet, maybe on the next build.

NZXT tempest,M3A79-T deluxe mb, AMD 940 oc 3.8 ,ultra-120 cooler with NF-P12 noctua fan,8G Patriot Viper 1066,2 each 3870 in cross fire,seagate 750 G hd,ultra-650 ps, vista 64 ulti.

Hi again everyone. first off, iam using a NZXT Tempest case. stock fans are ok, but i want alittle better air flow. on top, it has two 140mm fans, 2 120 mm fans in the front one 120 mm on the side and back exhuast is also 120 mm. i dont mind alittle noise, usually playing games on Day of Defeat or something like that with head phones on. ive checked out Scythe S-flex and Artic cooling fans on the internet. looking at reviews. would like some of your opinions as to which fans you like the best and why. i dont mind spending alittle extra to keep this system running cool, not ready to try out water cooling just yet, maybe on the next build.

NZXT tempest,M3A79-T deluxe mb, AMD 940 oc 3.8 ,ultra-120 cooler with NF-P12 noctua fan,8G Patriot Viper 1066,2 each 3870 in cross fire,seagate 750 G hd,ultra-650 ps, vista 64 ulti.

I have a NZXT tempest too i put this on the exhaust because its blue and makes it look cool http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...8&CatId=802

and i put these on top, keep in mind they wont fit up with the wholes that are drilled (jusy use a little tap, when you put the top back on you wont be able to see it http://jab-tech.com/Scythe-KAZE-MARU-140mm...2H-pr-4224.html

and some grills

http://jab-tech.com/140mm-Chrome-wire-fan-grill-pr-3621.html

and its a pretty bitchen setup get a TRUE, I run my quad a 3.8ghz 24/7 and its about 41c on full p95 load after 8 hours. and when im playing games with my headphones on I dont notice the noise .... but it is kinda loud, keeps you from leaving it on lol

read my mind, lol, i was already looking at the aerocool extreme, 89.39 cfm, but you know how the manufactures seem to stretch there spec's at times, thats the reason i wanted to know what everyone is running and how well it works. i was thinking of putting two of the aerocool extremes on the front intake, one on the side panel, and back exhaust and cpu cooler, iam running the ultra-120. the NF-P12. it runs well until its up against something, then the air flow cuts down alot. i switched the back case fan so the air blows across the ultra-120 and it stays around 38-39 at idle. house temp up here in washington state has been around 65 during the winter so i guess 38-39 isn't bad so far. running 3dmark vantage, its got up to 48. just want to see if a little better air flow might keep it down some. ive clocked up to 3913 and temps didnt jump up any so far.i think the 2 fans on top, the 140mm ones will be the key to getting the hot air out, since its right above the CPU. thanks for the suggestions. catch ya later on

IMO, some of the prices they get for these big-deal fans are insane. It's not uncommon to see people paying more than $20 for a single fan. A FAN!

Personally, I like Yate Loon fans because their specs are realistic (unlike most others) and the prices are awesome. I've used the low and medium speed 120x25 fans and they're very quiet. You can get them at jab-tech or Petra's Tech Shop, plus many other places I'm sure.

+1 on yate loon.

But the antec tri-cools are nice too.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835209005

these tri-cools are the same specs as the LED version, but they're 10 bucks cheaper.

Honestly, I don't think you can get much better than the tempest stock fans.

They're pretty good. :rolleyes:

The Antecs are surprisingly noisy.

Scythes :thumbs-up:

The Scythe Kaze fans need a controller to get them to the quiet range but they push some air at max RPM.

I'm a Scythe kind of guy. I use Slipstreams (the 110 CFM versions) in my modded midtower. Put them on a fan controller, though, because while the Slipstreams are bearable, it's still nice to be able to run them at 7V and keep em quiet. I haven't tried Ultra Kazes in anything, but if I get a CM 690, I'll probably switch to them.

i recently picked up a sunbeam core contact 120 for my gamer and i have to say it works very well... right now as i type i'm folding with a cpu and gpu tray clients, avg is doing the daily system scan and my temps are between 39 and 45...this is the best darn cooling setup i've ever used and i'm glad i bought it...!! :D

When i got my case , i found the one of the front fans didnt work, so i contacted Tigerdirect, the company i purchased the case from, they sent out a replacement, no problem at all, i did find that the mesh and filter on the front restricts air flow some, i just pop off the front cover and clean the filters each week. with the help of nuclear and a few others ive tried my luck at clocking. havent done to bad, i run stable at 3.8 24/7. using hwmonitor to keep a eye on how things are cooling. so i figured maybe alittle better air flow might help. i ordered 3 of those aerocool extreme to try out, and ill post the differnce if any after the installation. they should be here in about a week. iam still looking at any possible replacement fans for the two 140's on top. not alot of selections, the air flow on ones suggested look good , but having to modify the case and tap some new holes doesn't sound like something i would want to do .