I Finally Got One

road-runner

That's a great price r-r! I can't believe you found one for that cheap! That's cheaper than a high end water loop... And obviously they won't ship it because it's 40 pounds!

I dont think it is the weight, I think they do not want damage to units and they contain freon which is hazardous, I talk to the fed ex guy that delivered it and he said he did not think UPS would even mess with it and that he had hazmat license is why it was put on his truck...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

and that cost 225 dollars...I'll pass :P (even if it handles 120W thermal outputs with ease)

We will see what it will handle, I am sure I will try it and see what it does with a quad. I got to get a damn northbridge cooler so I can take the heatpipe cooler off, the mosefet fins are hitting the flange that bolts the thing down...

We will see what it will handle, I am sure I will try it and see what it does with a quad. I got to get a damn northbridge cooler so I can take the heatpipe cooler off, the mosefet fins are hitting the flange that bolts the thing down...

you do that, i will be glad to see the results :)

Good luck with the new cooler...it makes me wanna break out my old Baker single stage and hook it up to the i7 rig. I had it re-tuned for a +250W load but I've yet to use it since I got it back. My LS is still running like a champ after all of these years and is by far my favorite cooling unit to date :) I may have a GPU evap put on it and run some single GTX 295 runs with the Baker unit on the CPU...would be nice.

Does the OCZ unit come with a heating element like the LS and Mach GT? I've seen their "insulation" kit but I can't remember seeing a heating element.

Good luck with the new cooler...it makes me wanna break out my old Baker single stage and hook it up to the i7 rig. I had it re-tuned for a +250W load but I've yet to use it since I got it back. My LS is still running like a champ after all of these years and is by far my favorite cooling unit to date :) I may have a GPU evap put on it and run some single GTX 295 runs with the Baker unit on the CPU...would be nice.

Does the OCZ unit come with a heating element like the LS and Mach GT? I've seen their "insulation" kit but I can't remember seeing a heating element.

They have them but it is a optional item or so it says on there website, I did not get one with it so I guess you have to buy that separate.

They have them but it is a optional item or so it says on there website, I did not get one with it so I guess you have to buy that separate.

You certainly don't need it, I've never run mine on the LS. Just make sure your insulation is good and that you have an airtight seal and you will be okay without one. You could always run grease in the socket and clear polish on the board just as a safeguard in case something did you go worng the first few times you started it up or after switching CPUs around.