2009: Post Your Ride Thread

d3bruts1d

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update, I ordered some toys for the stang today, a set of comp cams XE-270, and a new stage II clutch. I have said it before but everytime I go to spend money on this crazy mustang I lament the fact that it is not an ls1. I could have twice the power for half the money. There just isn't enough displacement in these little 4.6's to get any power other than supercharging, then you might be as quick as an ls1, of course if he puts on a supercharger, then ur screwed, and he probably paid less for his!

All that being said I love my mustang and these cams coupled with the slp headers are going to make it thump like a beast! Started taking it apart this weekend. Pics and sound clips to follow in about three weeks...

Supercharge it! Even a modest supercharger and a decent tune will have you cranking out some serious numbers! That, and I love the whine of a supercharger. :D

I would love to have a 03/04 cobra 4v with a KB on it. :D
With a Kamikaze Badger on it?

:P

Yes, I know you're talking about a kenne belle supercharger...

Supercharge it! Even a modest supercharger and a decent tune will have you cranking out some serious numbers! That, and I love the whine of a supercharger. :D

Supercharging is definately the way to go for straight up more hp, realy the only really effective way (or nos,) without rebuilding the motor. But I am going for the sound more than the fury. I got my V-rod for go fast. Almost.

Supercharging is definately the way to go for straight up more hp, realy the only really effective way (or nos,) without rebuilding the motor.

No love for the turbo? :P

I agree, modern turbos have eliminated alot of the issues that made turbos alot worse then superchargers

It really just depends on the application. Neither is superior. Both increase power but in different ways - one way is usually more applicable to a certain application than the other.

On big engines it's almost always ideal to turbocharge...on normal to small engines it's a wash depending on what you're looking for.

Update, I ordered some toys for the stang today, a set of comp cams XE-270, and a new stage II clutch. I have said it before but everytime I go to spend money on this crazy mustang I lament the fact that it is not an ls1. I could have twice the power for half the money. There just isn't enough displacement in these little 4.6's to get any power other than supercharging, then you might be as quick as an ls1, of course if he puts on a supercharger, then ur screwed, and he probably paid less for his!

All that being said I love my mustang and these cams coupled with the slp headers are going to make it thump like a beast! Started taking it apart this weekend. Pics and sound clips to follow in about three weeks...

Make sure you post a lope vid up. As soon as I throw in some 3.90's I'm going to get some cams...(all that's left without digging into the motor). I am getting my H&R Super sport springs tomorrow. Will have them installed by the weekend. I'll have to post up pics :) I think its gonna look like . :D

It really just depends on the application. Neither is superior. Both increase power but in different ways - one way is usually more applicable to a certain application than the other.

On big engines it's almost always ideal to turbocharge...on normal to small engines it's a wash depending on what you're looking for.

Yeah kinda. Most drag cars end up going the turbo route because once you get up past 1000 hp, its hard to continue with a blower. Turbos just have more options. I love the sound of a turbo, and I love the blower whine. I think eventually I'll end up putting a vortec kit on mine.... after I forge the motor :closedeyes:

I wish I could throw a cam into my car and make it sound good...but unfortunately there's not much you can do to a 2 liter motor to make it sound good. :lol:

I wish I could throw a cam into my car and make it sound good...but unfortunately there's not much you can do to a 2 liter motor to make it sound good. :lol:

Ohhh there is :D You ever heard a Golf V GTI flooring it? ;)