d3bruts1d

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this a post your ride thread? :lol:

Anyway, I'm planning on buying a 2006 GTO M6 in the next month or so:

10524-2006-Pontiac-GTO.jpg

Great choice/taste in automobiles good sir! The red leather is especially classy on that car.

What happened to your German pride you always speak of here King :P

No BMW or VW? :D

For 1500$ in Australia, where imported cars are like 3 times the German price? I don't think so!

I wasn't talking about Loarmistead above, I was talking about Kingdingeling and his old Toyota beater :P.

It's a Honda :P

Queenz - nice interior. Is that screen touch screen as well? I love the touchscreen in my Focus :)

But a question for you: does the front windshield have heater elements in it? Thought not ;) You'll have to buy a Ford (or high spec BMW/Merc/Aston/Range Rover) to get one. It's the only thing my car has that all the expensive luxury cars will never likely have in the forseeable future unless Ford license it out :lol: A few designs were made by the Germans, but were too costly and never took off.

Queenz - nice interior. Is that screen touch screen as well? I love the touchscreen in my Focus :)

But a question for you: does the front windshield have heater elements in it? Thought not ;) You'll have to buy a Ford (or high spec BMW/Merc/Aston/Range Rover) to get one. It's the only thing my car has that all the expensive luxury cars will never likely have in the forseeable future unless Ford license it out :lol: A few designs were made by the Germans, but were too costly and never took off.

yah touch screen and fully voice activated. Does yours let you program while driving or does it have a lock on it?

I actually never seen heating elements in a car before with them in the windshield, cool! Does it it really help out alot? And how come the US focus doesn't have one

Edited by QueenzPCfreak90

yah touch screen and fully voice activated. Does yours let you program while driving or does it have a lock on it?

I actually never seen heating elements in a car before with them in the windshield, cool! Does it it really help out alot? And how come the US focus doesn't have one

Yeah, I have the voice activated Bluetooth phone package. Changing track with voice control is hilarious, especially when the voice control button on the steering column remote is right next to the change track button :lol:

I can program my touch screen unit when I'm driving no problem. I don't recommend it too much, but it works well enough. I find the traffic announcements most useful, as it downloads sites across the UK on to my map as accidents and incidents occur and sends me a message to ask if I want to accept a route to avoid the traffic.

The heated front screen is a God-send. In the winter, it clears an icy screen in all of about 2 minutes (a bit longer if your car is totally cold, but only marginally), which is better than standing outside with de-icer or a plastic tool! It's also really handy all year around too, as misting in the windshield can happen at any time - especially if I've been playing soccer etc, so whip the heated element on and bam! Gone in about 30 seconds.

The US Focus probably has the wiring loom for the heated windshield in place, but I doubt the screens are easily available. They were most likely not a dealer option, because the Focus was an entry level hatchback in the USA and having such features was a) not in line with consumer demand and b) an unusual characteristic in 'cheap' cars :)

Here's the screen albeit a bit dirty.

img9112oa0.jpg

I've never started a car, turned the heater knob to defrost and NOT had a windshield be "de-iced" in under 4 minutes...

:unsure:

(well maybe a few times when we've had freezing rain and there is about an 1/8th inch of ice all over everything)

My Bronco takes a while to heat up. Sometimes it takes it 10-15 minutes for the air to actually become warm, depending on how cold the temp outside is. The G37 will spit lava from the vents within just a couple minutes of cranking it, which I like. A lot. The butt warmers come in handy, too.