1.6v + 24/7

45 nm would croak in under a week. If you find one that tolerates vcore rather well (and is 65 nm) then it might go for a year. I really dont recommend it though.

That's a load of bollocks! I ran my E6400 at 1.615V's (CPU-Z, 1.65 BIOS) for like 2 weeks it was perfectly fine! Still working today in a mates computer!

isn't an E6400 a 65nm chip though?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to need at least 1.6v(I keep failing prime95 2-3 hours into testing@ 1.59v in BIOS) to get this chip to run stable @3.6ghz

On my old Asus P5B deluxe I could only get it to run 3.51 ghz @ 1.6v but I was too chicken to run it 24/7.

I may not run it this time 24/7 but perhaps if I do then I would really have an excuse to get a Wolfie or Yorkie.( yes my logic is retarded <_< )

I really want to wait until the new platform comes out but I am scratching that itch and it's starting to bleed.

The wierd part is usually temps stop me from clocking higher on air, I would hit an unsafe temp before I would max out safe voltage levels.

Getting to Mike's post, that is interesting.

Is 1.425v too much for the new 45nm chips?

I'm going to need at least 1.6v(I keep failing prime95 2-3 hours into testing@ 1.59v in BIOS) to get this chip to run stable @3.6ghz

On my old Asus P5B deluxe I could only get it to run 3.51 ghz @ 1.6v but I was too chicken to run it 24/7.

You're stuck at 3.5Ghz? If so, it's just not worth raising it to 1.6GHz for a measly 100MHz increase for 24/7.

If you were doing a bench run that would be understandable but thats not the case.

You're stuck at 3.5Ghz? If so, it's just not worth raising it to 1.6GHz for a measly 100MHz increase for 24/7.

If you were doing a bench run that would be understandable but thats not the case.

I don't think I ever said I was stuck at 3.5 but I will try your idea and raise it to 1.6.

Thanks for the advice.

I don't think I ever said I was stuck at 3.5 but I will try your idea and raise it to 1.6.

Thanks for the advice.

If temps were not an issue(assuming hovering around 60c full load), how many of you would run/have run your overclocks 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days year pumping 1.6v + through a C2D cpu ?

I was stating my suggestion, one you asked for :huh:

45 nm would croak in under a week. If you find one that tolerates vcore rather well (and is 65 nm) then it might go for a year. I really dont recommend it though.

Not to flame or anything but over at xtreme systems they proved this VERY wrong. In fact the guy that did the testing did it with 4 different E8400's all at high voltages and overclocks and They lived so long he got bored and just started trying to kill them but in fact all 4 cpu's still live today

Not to flame or anything but over at xtreme systems they proved this VERY wrong. In fact the guy that did the testing did it with 4 different E8400's all at high voltages and overclocks and They lived so long he got bored and just started trying to kill them but in fact all 4 cpu's still live today

Zomgwtf must be a lucky guy, my friend's 45 nm died so fast with 1.5 volts. Do you have a link or something? I'd like to see it for myself.