I'm Going To Go For It

IVIYTH0S

I will finally take the journey to 4ghz on my Q9450. CPU-Z is currently reporting 1.44v (set to 1.55v in bios) I was wondering though, when I'm not Prime 95 stress testing, CPU-Z was reporting 1.504v at idle. Is that a error? I will try to lower the voltage down in the bios once I find this 4.0ghz to be stable at 1.55v (in bios), I know for a fact it's not stable at 1.5V(bios) which is what I was running it for 3.9ghz. Everyone wish me luck! :) I may even shoot higher but at minimum I am going for 4ghz. The max I will set in the bios will be 1.55v.

gotta love the Vdrooptacular board I have lol.

post-20152-1233303678_thumb.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What stepping do you have? What revsion as well. Is E0 the best rev for 9x50 cpus? What is the VID? Who is on first? How many grapes do your kids have? What is the council of trent? Etc..etc..

Edited by Kingfisher

What stepping do you have? What revsion as well. Is E0 the best rev for 9x50 cpus? What is the VID? Who is on first? How many grapes do your kids have? What is the council of trent? Etc..etc..

nah I'm running C1 stepping (which is the only stepping that I believe the Q9450s have) The VID is "0.85V

Haha, but what does core temp report your VID to be?

core temp says 1.1875v

Your hardware looks impressive, I'm pretty sure you will attain the 4ghz. Like ccokeman says, a little step at a time will net you more in the end, best of luck man.

thanks man, ya in light of his advice I started from 1.5v(bios) and wasn't stable so am now trying 1.5065v(bios)