Got 4.2ghz On E8500..need Moar Powah!!!

Marne_Aeok

I took my E8400 to 4.7 on air and i gave it 1.6Vcore and basically maxed out all of my other voltages in the bios on my old Abit IP35 Pro mobo and the cpu never skipped a beat. i was using a tuniq tower at the time and it seemed to keep it pretty cool. once i get my cooling for my E8500 it will reach at least 4.8, and just to let you know. i've tired everything to fry the three Intel cpus i've owned so far and have no been successful, these processors really are bullet proof. i guarantee i could fry and amd in about fifteen seconds........... just a little food for thought.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just bumped the voltage a bit higher. starting to worry about fryign the cpu - its still going tho hasnt failed outright in Prime :) im gonna give it a good 12+ hours. if it can survive that long than ima write these settigns down and call it a day

Good to hear man, yap its a great idea to keep records of your bios settings. I take pictures of it myself after running prime or orthos for an hour, then resume the test. If it passes for 8hrs I increase the speed a little.

well what i do is run prime small fft on it. if it fails i add a lil voltage. whats the point in doing other tests if if cant pass after 5 min LOL - longest it did pass for was 15 min than good ole core one faceplants epicly

what is the absolute max voltage i can put on this thing before it explodes into a fiery mess

It's free. :)

If the residuals show up different from each other your CPU (or memory) isn't stable.

occt ain't no joke either....if it hold up in intelburn then try occt...

Look here to find the full specs for your CP. I'd have given you the right page, but I don't know if you have C0 or E0 stepping... Anyways, ~73C is the maximum temperature you can run, and 1.3625V is Intel's suggested max voltage. However, you can probably run ~1.425 or a little higher just fine. I bet you can get it up to 5 GHz.