Should I Re-seat The Hsf?

madu

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are some pretty good temps. They aren't low but they won't fry your card.

I would reseat the HSF on a rainy day. If it doesn't work out you just killed some time and if it works well congrats.

I'm not sure what our 260s max is but I think they are probably 100% safe to run at 80C so you are absolutely fine. You can even run Precision Tool and boot up a demanding game and see how high the graphics card gets at auto setting (or whatever percentage you set it to)

Thanks guys.

Oddly I cannot OC in Precision. The 'Test' button is greyed out.

I am using a Forcewaare 178.24. Seems the drivers are not supporting the Test button anymore.

I guess RivaTuner is the only option but don't know if the 'Test'ing is supported in that too..

BTW, I just ran a 3DMark06 and got 19K+.. do you guys think its about right?

Edited by madu

Sounds pretty high, though I am running a 3870 and got 12k. Newer drivers are available on the NVidia website that increases certain games' performace 20% and more. Also, Rivatuner is an amazing tool, not only will you be able to overclock easily, but it also has a monitor for GPU Usage, GPU Temps, and GPU speeds, it also will automatically calculate a "SAFE" range where you should be able to overclock in and still be stable.

Clicky.

Thanks guys.

I went with 181 drivers downloaded from nVidia itself and it didnt enable the Test button. Looks like it's been disabled from all the newer drivers.

@Ivythos: Thats a nice clock on the 260. What are your temps in full load?