Seagate 7200.11 Owners

Zertz

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good thing this thread was posted today since they removed the firmware two days ago and I would have went through with it had it been available. :D Thanks Zertz for being late on the information :D

lmao

I downloaded it when it was released and never got to install it. Didn't even notice it was removed =/

I also downloaded the firmware fix and was going to update my 5 500GB ES.2 drives when I found out about the bricking issue. Fortunately I hadn't gotten arond to bricking updating my drives yet. It seems the bricking issue is isolated to the 500GB models.

I've posted some more info in this news item along with some more information and a link in the comments section.

Cool, I'm not sure if I'm going to do it since it seems like "IF" something happens to my drive because of the old firmware I'm can get my stuff professionally recovered and also have them professionally install the firmware. My drives are running great, I'll update if I have any issues. I'll probably buy that 2TB down the road or maybe a 1.5TB so my smallest storage drive will be a 1TB instead of 1TB/750GB. I'll sell off my 750GB to someone, obviously I will have all my stuff off of it and will install the firmware for them then.

My 750GB is in the list of affected drive but have not really noticed anything out of the ordinary. I dont think ill be doing the firmware update.

you won't notice any signs at all...just one time you boot the drive will be gone...bricked...:(