Golden E8400

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, but is it IntelBurnTest stable? I previously thought that my OC was good till I ran that. Now I use IBT because its faster and way more intense. And don't be alarmed about the temps because they will get way up there. Good luck. :P

It does if you set the tjmax in the settings...

ok you guys are freakin me out cuz that looks like "real temps" not "core temps"....am i seeing things.??

ok you guys are freakin me out cuz that looks like "real temps" not "core temps"....am i seeing things.??

"RealTemp" and "CoreTemp" are the names of the monitoring program. They should show the same thing.

Ok, but is it IntelBurnTest stable? I previously thought that my OC was good till I ran that. Now I use IBT because its faster and way more intense. And don't be alarmed about the temps because they will get way up there. Good luck. :P

does that test really matter, I can run prime95 day and night but never pass intel burn test and it brings my temps up to like 80C.

Great Job on your OC!

My E8400 has C1 SLAPL... i CAN ONLY GET STABLE TO 4.0ghZ... So, I backed it down to 3.8GHz for safety.

Any ideas on how I can get above 4.0 GHz & stable?

I backed down the multiplier to 8.5 for total stability at 3.8 GHz; 1066 DDR2 is Corsair & is also overclockable to 1167.

Great Job on your OC!

My E8400 has C1 SLAPL... i CAN ONLY GET STABLE TO 4.0ghZ... So, I backed it down to 3.8GHz for safety.

Any ideas on how I can get above 4.0 GHz & stable?

I backed down the multiplier to 8.5 for total stability at 3.8 GHz; 1066 DDR2 is Corsair & is also overclockable to 1167.

Make a new thread, I'm a noob at overclocking.