Check Out My Ddr3 Review

philbrown23

Nice and short review lol. How did you get tigerdirect to send you those sticks for a review? Did you just ask them? Did you buy those sticks?

Edited by l33t p1mp

Warning: Pure arseholery follows.

First page, copy-pasta? No. Better to have something like what the OCC reviews have: A written introduction to the company and to the product.

Second page, capitalize your proper nouns (Tracer). Run-on sentences too. Use moar periods, and "rippage" sounds awfully amature. Also, keep it in the same tense. Ie:

My initial thoughts about Crucial's Ballistix DDR3 is that it was very plain compared to their tracer line. But sometimes the best performance doesnt always mean the best looks. With all the talk about MICRON stopping production on D9 branded memory chips, I could not help myself from ripping these heatspreaders off* to check. Low and behold upon removing the heatsinks, I saw a plethora of Micron D9JNL chips. Keep in mind these are not the highest binned DDR3 modules, but they are still very solid and stable performing chips. With that said the Ballistix line is manufactured for benchers and gamers, so I should have expected nothing less from a name like Crucial.

Third page, similar things to second page: Run-on sentences. Photos are pretty good for a first review.

Fourth page, clean up your screencaps better. Try cropping the individual windows and laying them over each other if you're having trouble getting all the background erased. Comparisons to other brands would be nice, though I definitely understand if budget doesn't allow.

Fifth page, pretty much ok IMO.

Now please don't shoot me.

Warning: Pure arseholery follows.

First page, copy-pasta? No. Better to have something like what the OCC reviews have: A written introduction to the company and to the product.

Second page, capitalize your proper nouns (Tracer). Run-on sentences too. Use moar periods, and "rippage" sounds awfully amature. Also, keep it in the same tense. Ie:

Third page, similar things to second page: Run-on sentences. Photos are pretty good for a first review.

Fourth page, clean up your screencaps better. Try cropping the individual windows and laying them over each other if you're having trouble getting all the background erased. Comparisons to other brands would be nice, though I definitely understand if budget doesn't allow.

Fifth page, pretty much ok IMO.

Now please don't shoot me.

I think those comments are just about using the english language correctly. <_< :rolleyes:

dont have anything that I can personally compare them to. I could have taken other peoples reviews and compared them that way but that would be bull crap. yeah my english sux but I'm ok with that. and finally long reviews get boring and people skip pages, I figure cut the bull crap and just give the people what they really wanna know, how high can these stix clock. that is the most frequently asked question or price/performance. Oh yeah no the ati is gonna die thing I just though was funny did it to get a rise out of someone in particular and it worked. so lol and yeah that part is bull crap. but once the site gets better established and we actually have an editor then english will be a bit better and I have a buttload of reviews im working on so future reviews will have comparisons in them this is just the first DDR3 review so nothing really to compare it to.

I think those comments are just about using the english language correctly. <_< :rolleyes:

Your point?

And while it's understandable that English isn't your best subject, proper grammar makes the review much easier to read. For example if I just type out a sentence with multiple ideas or clauses without any punctuation or improper grammar or repetition of words instead of using antecedents properly it makes the sentence harder to read and comprehend for the average reader even if it's easy to understand it when I'm writing it down.

Regarding the "cut the bullcrap" part, that's also understandable, and up to preference. I like the style of OCC reviews (the better ones <3), as they're a bit more personal. Some people like things to be straight to the point. I probably should have stated that before.

Your point?

And while it's understandable that English isn't your best subject, proper grammar makes the review much easier to read. For example if I just type out a sentence with multiple ideas or clauses without any punctuation or improper grammar or repetition of words instead of using antecedents properly it makes the sentence harder to read and comprehend for the average reader even if it's easy to understand it when I'm writing it down.

Regarding the "cut the bullcrap" part, that's also understandable, and up to preference. I like the style of OCC reviews (the better ones <3), as they're a bit more personal. Some people like things to be straight to the point. I probably should have stated that before.

I never said that the reviews were fine, it IS quite annoying to try and read it with errors etc. Just pointing out that your comments were more grammar oriented than content oriented.