Bad Result For E7300?

QuantumX

My E7400 with a TRUE cooler runs 400x10 24hr Prime stable at 1.375v in the BIOS. I have benched it around 4500 on 1.5v. It runs OCCT 1hr at 4400. It just depends on your chip. You might have trouble with your memory if you go over 400FSB though.

But as for your question, no one can tell you how much speed you're going to get from a better cooler. It's not like we can say "The TRUE will give you an extra 523mhz, the Xigmatec will be 478mhz, and a Zalman 9700 will be 447mhz" :P It all depends on your chip and more importantly what temps you're comfortable with.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a feeling I have a good chip :thumbs-up: I already reached 3.83Ghz with stock cooling. Still if I don't reach 4GHz, the ultra-120 still looks awesome!

I have tested my RAM at 485MHz FSB with a 1:1 divider, got huge bandwidth scores, 8.3GB/s with ScienceMark 2.0, but it may be a good idea to upgrade to 1066MHz.

Great job! I built a E8400 for a friend with the stock box cooler

It was really chezzy

http://swyn.net/2008/06/09/e8400-stock-coo...-freezer-7-pro/

but I had an old intel boxed cooler which was about a third thicker with a copper center.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-co...008,1784-5.html

I was wondering if you were doing that well on the same crappy cooler that came

with his E8400.

I am wondering what kind of overclocking can be reached with a E7300. I've seen many overclocks on the web where people are getting 4GHz+. I overclocked mine, but could only get it as high as 3.83GHz to run 3DMark06, any higher than that and the system hangs during the benchmark. I ran it at 1.36V. I have the stock cooler installed.

LoL. Most probably got it as high as you. People like to round up.

• 2 months later...

I got my new cooler, Thermalright Ultra 120-Extreme. I've tweaked everyting till a point I am now satisfied with.

432MHz x 9 | 3807MHz @ 1.376V | 24/7 stable

I've fitted the cooler with a ble LED Zalman 120mm fan, it rotates at around 1900RPM.

Temps at full load is about 50C.

Very pleased with the new cooler, I can run 3dmark06 at 3.96GHz, at 1.42V without temps getting out of hand

post-64306-1244217718_thumb.png

Very nice. If you're not afraid of a little modding, a good lapping job will definitely make that cooler even better. Thermalright coolers generally aren't very flat. Lapping mine made a pretty big difference.

• 1 month later...

Last night I took my PC outside into the cold. I took a 60cm aluminium desk fan and let it blow on my case at full blast with all the panels removed. I went into my BIOS and set the CPU freq. and voltage as low as possible. ( 1.2GHz @ 0.82V )

The PC booted into Windows and I started ASUS PC Probe. I was stunned to see the CPU temperature at 1

post-64306-1247563528_thumb.jpg

post-64306-1247563645_thumb.jpg

post-64306-1247564024_thumb.png

Edited by QuantumX

Good job on the over clock, seems like you got a good chip, do you run it at 1.42v @3.96 Ghz all the time or just that once when you were seeing how high you could go? What I mean is, what is your everyday overclock?

Edited by gabrieltessin