Logitech Z5500 Vs Creative 550w Megaworks 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

LordFess

I am REALLY glad I'm easy to please when it comes to sound stuff, because I couldn't afford the stuff y'all buy. Once you go bla... err... Klipsch, you never go back, they say.

My virgin ears took to the Z5500s very well. I have a cheap 2.1 Logitech set (X230s I think?) and I have been very happy with them for the past three years. I wouldn't mind having a 5.1 set, I just don't have any effective way of setting it up in my room right now.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not being grating and trust me I know what good sound is. Oh and don't doubt me please if you don't know nothing about me and what I know.

Yes you are and like I said, I doubt it. The Z-5500s are not absolute garbage, they just aren't amazing speakers.

When will you Audiphiles realise, NOT EVERYONE HAS 10k to spend on sound.

You say most 2.0 systems sound better than the Z-5500? Really? How come oyu STILL HAVENT linked to ANY?

And, checking reviews across the net, I have YET TO FIND a review that agrees with you. Infact, EVERY ONE I read, gave these speakers an Awesome rating!

Why? cause for the price, you just cannot beat them. They have more features than any Klipsh stuff you swear by, AND they are certified THX.

So why dont you link to some BETTER sounding speakers for a similar price? Maybe some reviews to back that up?

Oh wait, you cant. Cause if you could, there would be some links in this thread.

When will you Audiphiles realise, NOT EVERYONE HAS 10k to spend on sound.

You say most 2.0 systems sound better than the Z-5500? Really? How come oyu STILL HAVENT linked to ANY?

And, checking reviews across the net, I have YET TO FIND a review that agrees with you. Infact, EVERY ONE I read, gave these speakers an Awesome rating!

Why? cause for the price, you just cannot beat them. They have more features than any Klipsh stuff you swear by, AND they are certified THX.

So why dont you link to some BETTER sounding speakers for a similar price? Maybe some reviews to back that up?

Oh wait, you cant. Cause if you could, there would be some links in this thread.

:blink: Could you possibly get any more excited about this? Jesus, calm down! :lol: You don't have to spend any huge amount of money ($10k? Hell, I haven't spent that much on speakers in my life...) to get good sound.

I never said they sucked, I said they were fairly mediocre in terms of sound quality. They get loud, they sound decent. They certainly have that going for them.

When I have a bit more time I can build a list if you like...but I have the feeling you're going to just go "well those don't get loud and the Logitechs sound awesome to me!!!" :P

wow...before i clicked on this thread i really didnt know audio was this serious 0.o

Me either dude!! LoL.... I feel like I have stirred up a hornet's nest here.....LOL.....Maybe I should have titled this thread something else like: Logitech Z5500s vs Kilipsch or Logitech Z5500s vs The Audiophile or maybe Logitech Z5500s vs 2.1 or maybe Logitech z5500's vs The World of Sound Systems.... LoL...Maybe just maybe I will get some constructive help yet...(puts on helmet and runs for cover) :ph34r:

Egads, guys, he just wants to know which sound system he should get out of the two! My money's on the Logitech. Just me.

Thanks Crow for clearing that up!! I was hoping someone would figure it out after awhile!!! :ph34r:

Egads, guys, he just wants to know which sound system he should get out of the two! My money's on the Logitech. Just me.

I'd go with the Logitech as well if it must be 5.1. :lol:

I can see where this thread got off on a tangent.... as I don't have a appreciation for PC speaker sound systems either.... The fact is u can get decent speakers and a woofer for maybe about $300 and a nice receiver for $200 depending on what your needs are. (could be loads cheaper if you know what your doing) I got lucky I had 5 speakers already around + a woofer and old receiver to drive the woofer since its passive... and the really nice receiver I got ran me around $75 off ebay and had optical and coax inputs... sounds craploads better.

On topic tho not everyone really cares about how they can get their audio to sound... wellll for lack of a better word awesome... then those logitech Z5500's are pretty good as far as pc speakers go...