Logitech Z5500 Vs Creative 550w Megaworks 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

LordFess

Standard critic of the Z-5500. You are using them for things they are NOT for. They are PC SPEAKERS!! NOT Home Theatre. Home Theatre stuff runs into THOUSANDS, so OF COURSE it is going to sound better.

These speakers are for your PC, and for the money they sound AWESOME!

Infact, FIND me speakers that sound BETTER for Less? And have the same features, AKA, 5.1 minimum, and Optical, Coax etc in.

I own the Z-5500 paired with a Barracuda AC-1 sound card, and I love it. To me, they sound incredible. Had them for a few years, and never any trouble. Gaming with these is insane! Films & Music is good too.

One last thing, these speakers are THX certified. Not that that means much, but it means a hell of a lot MORE than nothing. It shows that they confirm to a certain sound standard.

Wow.. you can't be serious..

Either my ears are telling me different but even when the Z5500's are hooked up w/ Opitical they still sound mediocre at best. Heck.. even 100 dollar Altec Lansing speakers smack them silly. I am just saying overall, I really think these speakers are overhyped.

Im not bashing Logitech because my 1st pair of PC speakers were the Z640s (awesome!!).. I guess I've gotten spoiled w/ Klipsch sound.

Edited by silkster

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Standard critic of the Z-5500. You are using them for things they are NOT for.

No, they really do just sound mediocre. Most 2.1/4.2/5.1 sets do, so it's nothing new.

They are pretty nice in that field though...

Wow.. you can't be serious..

Either my ears are telling me different but even when the Z5500's are hooked up w/ Opitical they still sound mediocre at best. Heck.. even 100 dollar Altec Lansing speakers smack them silly. I am just saying overall, I really think these speakers are overhyped.

Im not bashing Logitech because my 1st pair of PC speakers were the Z640s (awesome!!).. I guess I've gotten spoiled w/ Klipsch sound.

I was on Amazon.com checking out yer system and saw where it has only a 3 star rating ...Glad you are enjoying them, but it seems a whole lot of folks over there had a negative experience with that system.....hmmmm. Why is that:? I am a little confused at this point.

I was on Amazon.com checking out yer system and saw where it has only a 3 star rating ...Glad you are enjoying them, but it seems a whole lot of folks over there had a negative experience with that system.....hmmmm. Why is that:? I am a little confused at this point.

Trusting Amazon reviews is just about as useful as trusting Newegg reviews. :P

Compared to what? Compared to what price range?

Compared to most 2.0 setups with decent drivers. It really doesn't take much to sound better than most small satellite / large sub systems. The satellites can't actually output any decent midbass so they try to play it through the subwoofer. It ends up messing up imaging and killing the soundstage.

It does let them get loud and boom though. :shrug:

Standard critic of the Z-5500. You are using them for things they are NOT for. They are PC SPEAKERS!! NOT Home Theatre. Home Theatre stuff runs into THOUSANDS, so OF COURSE it is going to sound better.

These speakers are for your PC, and for the money they sound AWESOME!

Infact, FIND me speakers that sound BETTER for Less? And have the same features, AKA, 5.1 minimum, and Optical, Coax etc in.

I own the Z-5500 paired with a Barracuda AC-1 sound card, and I love it. To me, they sound incredible. Had them for a few years, and never any trouble. Gaming with these is insane! Films & Music is good too.

One last thing, these speakers are THX certified. Not that that means much, but it means a hell of a lot MORE than nothing. It shows that they confirm to a certain sound standard.

:blink: You really never heard good sound have you? Like I said Z5500 speakers are pure mediocore garbage and totally overated. First off who the hell listens to Amazon reviews? Not yet alone Newegg reviews :rolleyes: Second, yes home theater equipment can be expensive but it's all worth it and doesn't necessarily run you into thousands of dollars. I think you exagerrated a bit there. It's not always price, it's quality. True audiophiles would know that the Z5500's aren't what you call "awesome".

And BTW I have used them as PC speakers, and they suck.

Sorry for got about this topic,but yes i got it matched with a xfi sound card,trust me get them for pc speakers they are great,i have no need to run out and buy speakers anytime soon,i have had this plus that sound card for 3 or 4 year now.

mainly used for music but when i do game sounds great,i remember the first time i got them and cranked them fully,neighbors got hella mad lol

Hey guys please turn the flame down ....I made this thread to try and get some constructive suggestions and help...Oh and yeah when I get ready to purchase something I check out the user reviews on Amazon.com or NewEgg.com or what ever...I also do my best to check out reviews from the pros as well....I have not been dissapointed yet. So please don't come in here bashing this,that, and the other....Thank-you.

Dunno if it makes much difference, but I have a friend who has the z5500's, and I'm amazed by how they sound every time. I can't wait to get myself a set. To my ears they are excellent speakers. I guess my ears haven't been jaded by klipsch yet! :P

:blink: You really never heard good sound have you?

I seriously doubt you have either.

Regardless, you don't need to be so damn grating when you disagree with someone.

I seriously doubt you have either.

Regardless, you don't need to be so damn grating when you disagree with someone.

I'm not being grating and trust me I know what good sound is. Oh and don't doubt me please if you don't know nothing about me and what I know.